Framestore’s LA studio in Culver City is expanding our staff compositing team, and are looking for nuke artists to join us in working on a broad range of high end content, including advertising, branding, film, episodic and immersive projects.
This is a staff role based in our Culver City studio.
Visas and relocation will be provided for the right candidates.
- Taking briefs and direction from Compositing Supervisors to execute assigned shots
- Integrating 2D, 3D and live action elements to a high standard
- Working with clients in order to create their vision
- Meeting schedules and project deadlines
- Ongoing communication with production and leads regarding schedules and deadlines
- Taking responsibility for own workload, time management and notes/feedback actions required by Supervisors
- Balancing the creative and technical aspects of each shot
- An excellent working knowledge of and at least 3 years production experience with Nuke in commercials and/or film projects
- A solid reel showing a wide range of shots and a creative eye
- Excellent organization, communication and interpersonal skills
- A pro-active and collaborative work ethic
- A strong eye for detail, composition, color and lighting
- The ability to multitask, prioritize and problem solve
- Proven ability in working with clients in order to create their vision
- An understanding of color space principles
- Photoshop and Linux experience
- Knowledge of practical lighting for photography
- A working knowledge of the overall VFX pipeline
- Programming and coding experience and knowledge
- Experience with Hiero, Shot gun, After effects, Final Cut, Flame is an advantage
- Compositing experience in a commercials environment is desirable
Framestore is proud to employ extraordinary talent across all genders, races, nationalities, religions, ages, abilities and sexual preferences. We aim to encourage and support all of our current and future employees to achieve their potential. No job applicant will receive less favourable treatment on any basis when applying for a career with us.