The VFX Producer will produce projects in the Chicago studio, working closely with the CG, Design and compositing artist teams.
VFX Producers manage and implement tasks and targets crucial to the delivery of pitches and projects, with a focus on schedule, budget and quality of work.
We are looking for a VFX Producer with an entrepreneurial spirit, who has enthusiasm for all the challenges that producing creative content brings.
The VFX Producer reports to the Director of Production and New Business. This is a staff role with benefits.
- Work with the leads and supervisors to track and manage the workflow through the VFX departments meeting internal and external deadlines
- Organise dailies, rounds and meetings, taking notes and following up on information as necessary
- Data movement of the project reference, cad data etc for artist's use.
- Monitoring of wip updates from the nuke team to the hiero editorial pipeline, and final wips to Baselight.
- Ensure production database (Shotgun) is kept updated daily with notes and critical information.
- Communicating information quickly and succinctly to crew and other departments
- Anticipate and communicate issues to Producer and Supervisor to resolve problems quickly
- Oversee the execution of client deliveries, including Creation of qt's and deliverables via Front 2.
- Liaison between multiple vendors, working with the Vfx co-ordinator and editorial team to ensure successful delivery of all shots.
- Help to maintain a positive, upbeat and professional production office, being pro-active and solution-orientated
- Highly organized and detailed
- First-class time/project management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A creative eye and passion for design and animation
- Proven ability to prioritise conflicting tasks
- Able to remain calm and confident in a fast-paced environment
- Able to work well within a team towards a common goal
- Good understanding of live-action, CG and Nuke based visual effects workflows
- Good understanding of common file formats and resolutions
- Previous experience as a VFX Production Coordinator in tv, film or commercials
- Existing knowledge of Framestore production databases (e.g. Shotgun)
- Good knowledge of MS Office packages (including Word, Excel and Project)