Framestore's Integrated Advertising office in London are looking for a Senior Systems Engineer. The successful candidate will report into the Lead Systems Engineering, who reports directly to the CTO for Advertising and Applied Technology and the Director of Technical Operations.
You will work in partnership with the other Senior Systems Engineers within our global network, contributing to decisions about the direction of technology within the company. Senior Systems Engineers are responsible for planning, implementation and maintenance of systems that contribute to the smooth running of all technology in London.
- Creation and maintenance of technical documentation to create a shared knowledge base.
- Investigate, research and evaluate external suppliers for the potential strategic benefit.
- Drive performance metrics and benchmarking to assess new and alternative solutions.
- Plan, advise and support the implementation of large technical projects.
- Have a physical presence in the building, organise and attend meetings as needed.
- Represent the company at relevant external events (e.g. conferences, trade shows), and with relevant suppliers as required.
- Plan, install and support servers, large storage file systems and network infrastructure.
- Edit and create scripts as appropriate to facilitate the automation of systems activities.
- Ensure technical support is provided to local productions where required to meet daily support needs.
- Monitor incoming requests and delegate work efficiently to ensure successful completion of projects and tasks.
- 5+ years supporting a VFX or Commercials
- 7+ years Linux Systems administration
- A thorough grounding in digital camera technology and digital delivery specifications.
- A working knowledge of Networking and Security concepts and technologies.
- A thorough knowledge of industry-specific technologies including high-performance storage systems and distributed rendering/computing technologies.
- Strong Academic background in a Computer Science degree (or similar).
- Substantial Linux system administration experience using mainstream Linux OS.
- An understanding of technologies such as MySQL, Postgres, NFS, SAN, Apache, Clustered File System, bash and Python.