The Director, Commercial Lead will plan and oversee new sales and marketing initiatives, including identifying and creating advocacy with key hospital accounts, potential prescribers, and key opinion leaders. Collaborating cross-functionally, this team member will establish strategic plans for successful commercialization of Fractyl’s products and procedures in the UK, with an ability to expand these to other EU regions as appropriate and approved. S/he will execute against agreed-upon plans with a keen sense for urgency, follow up and follow through to completion. This role is “hands-on” and will be directly responsible for increasing the value of current customers while attracting new ones as well as identifying and developing new markets as appropriate. This role demands a driven, self-motivated and self-sufficient individual who has strong organizational and communication skills and is comfortable working in teams of various sizes. As a key member of the Commercial team, the Director will take on an active role in meeting/exceeding business goals & plans, establishing teams as appropriate and necessary and driving the team to success.
• Support the launch of Revita-DMR into the UK market and support key account(s) to ensure optimal physician and patient experience (business development relationships, referral pathways, education series, patient support, etc)
• Lead the market development efforts for identifying and engaging new private clinics for market expansion
• Continue to evolve the business plan for market penetration and expansion, working closely with Medical and Market Access leads
• Coordinate on-the-ground team in the U.K. against business priorities
• Utilize strong network of contacts both inside and outside the Company
• Represent department and the organization favorably and in accordance with established Company standards and in compliance with applicable regulatory requirements and associate attributes at all times
• Bring a “can do” spirit to work and deliver on other responsibilities as assigned.
Education or Certification Requirements
• BS/BA degree in life sciences or business
• Advanced degree a plus
Professional Work Experience
• 15+ years of related hands on professional experience
• Experience in biotech, pharmaceutical and/or medical device industries.
• Strong knowledge of the U.K. market - public and private hospital systems, KOLs in Diabetes and GI/Endoscopy, Scientific Congresses, Patient advocacy, government relations
• Hospital/Account sales experience
• Diabetes and/or GI/Endoscopy therapeutic and disease understanding
• Prior vocational experience in related fields a plus (i.e. Co-Ops, Internships, Fellowships, etc.).
Qualifications and Skills
• Team leadership, particularly in Sales and Marketing
• New product launch experience
• Experience building out and managing sales teams
• Ability to interpret information from clinical studies & abstracts
• Demonstrated analytical and critical thinking abilities
• Ability to influence leadership and others
• Ability to make independent decisions regarding matters of significance
• Willingness to work outside normal business hours as needed
• Goal oriented, with excellent time management and organizational skills
• Excellent interpersonal skills, with ability to interact effectively and work efficiently with people at all levels in an organization
• Ability to keep sensitive information confidential
• Other Essentials and Key Success Factors:
• Successful track record of working in high-growth and dynamic organizations
• Demonstrated record of intellectual curiosity, innovation and creative problem solving with an entrepreneurial spirit
• Ability to lead fast-paced projects with a keen sense of urgency to get the job done well
• Evidence of "hands-on" experience and expertise
• Proven and successful track record as a team-player and collaborator in small working environments
• Highly organized and detail oriented with a passion to deliver quality results
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with experience translating technical concepts into user-friendly documentation
• Highest levels of professionalism, confidence, personal values and ethical standards
• Ability and willingness to travel up to 40% of time
The description and requirements outlined above are general; additional requirements may apply.