Foxtrot is the digitally native evolution of the corner store – a one-stop shop for those seeking thoughtful curation that’s a reflection of themselves and their city – offering a curated collection of daily essentials in-store and delivered in under an hour via our app and website.
Venture-backed by investors including Fifth Wall, Lerer Hippeau, Revolution’s Rise of the Rest, and Collaborative, to name a few, Foxtrot is building a truly omnichannel brand that seamlessly marries e-commerce delivery, proprietary inventory technology, and the feel-good community of neighborhood stores.
Our spaces offer all the most-loved aspects of neighborhood cafes – beautifully designed interiors that wrap you in the welcoming aroma of freshly brewed coffee, comfortable lounge areas to work and relax, and chef-prepared meals to snack on throughout the day – while bringing together mindful people, brands and goods to create a community of discovery and joy.
Our e-commerce experience – highlighted by our swift app and online store – is powered by our proprietary inventory and operational technology to deliver a new kind of convenience that brings the store to your door in under an hour.
Since launching our native app in 2013, we now operate a robust e-commerce business and have opened nine retail stores in Chicago and Dallas, and are rapidly scaling to take this first-of-its-kind omnichannel brand nationwide.
About the Role
Foxtrot is seeking a talented, creative and multifaceted photographer to join our growing team. Under the direction of the creative director, this position will serve as the in-house photographer, establishing the look and feel of the Foxtrot brand, and will set the bar of excellence for our photographic quality. You will be a master of primarily on-set shooting (propped/staged/art directed) as well as additional lifestyle content (on location, spontaneous/authentic people and places).
You must have an exceptional degree of visual sophistication, appreciation of luxury aesthetics and a strong creative POV. This photographer should be excited to experiment, learn and challenge norms. Success requires high attention to detail as well as both nimbleness and flexibility.
- Creative: On a daily basis, produce the highest quality photography for website, app, and various products. Work closely with the Foxtrot creative team to develop a visual guidelines and art direction for the brand. Meet creative and operational standards while also striving for constant improvement. Take part in self-driven test shoots to develop skill sets, and additionally, concept and execute on various projects including seasonal campaigns.
- Studio: Create lighting setups and set builds. Maintain photo equipment and organization of studio. Have a deep understanding of equipment, expendables and future planning. Adapt studio to changing assortments and manage in-house photoshoots.
- Workflow and Process: You will work closely with the Merchandise team to keep up to date on the rotating assortment of products and make sure assets see their way to the website and app. Create a file management and file delivery workflow and help maintain image archive.
- You have a bachelor’s degree in photography or combined 4+ years of experience in a studio environment.
- You have a strong desire to contribute in a highly collaborative environment and promote the collective output of the studio team with positivity and a passionate work ethic.
- You are familiar with Ortery.
- You have a portfolio of original work demonstrating experience with studio photography.
- You have excellent time management, organizational and interpersonal skills, and an ability to multitask.
- You are eager to learn, and share your own set experience: lighting, workflow, etc.
- You demonstrate an ability to contribute to a successful team environment and follow evolving creative and workflow guidelines.
- Excellent at photo-editing software.
- Product, still-life or CPG experience are a plus.
- Creates compelling content in response to a content brief, but also able to work in the moment.
- Strong retouching skills are a plus.