Foxtrot is the digitally native evolution of the corner store – a one-stop shop for those seeking thoughtful curation that’s a reflection of themselves and their city – offering a curated collection of daily essentials in-store and delivered in under an hour via our app and website.
Venture-backed by investors including Fifth Wall, Lerer Hippeau, Revolution’s Rise of the Rest, and Collaborative, to name a few, Foxtrot is building a truly omnichannel brand that seamlessly marries e-commerce delivery, proprietary inventory technology, and the feel-good community of neighborhood stores.
Our spaces offer all the most-loved aspects of neighborhood cafes – beautifully designed interiors that wrap you in the welcoming aroma of freshly brewed coffee, comfortable lounge areas to work and relax, and chef-prepared meals to snack on throughout the day – while bringing together mindful people, brands and goods to create a community of discovery and joy.
Our e-commerce experience – highlighted by our swift app and online store – is powered by our proprietary inventory and operational technology to deliver a new kind of convenience that brings the store to your door in under an hour.
Since launching our native app in 2013, we now operate a robust e-commerce business and have opened nine retail stores in Chicago and Dallas, and are rapidly scaling to take this first-of-its-kind omnichannel brand nationwide.
About the Role
Foxtrot is seeking a talented and creative digital designer to join our growing team. The digital designer will play an integral role in the concepting and execution of marketing communications, creative campaigns and product design that supports a range of initiatives. A genuine interest in brand, identity, web and UX design are essential as well as a solid understanding of typography and layout. Success requires high attention to detail along with nimbleness and flexibility.
- Work closely with the creative & marketing teams to understand business initiatives and translate them into thoughtful design.
- Help create visual content that will build our brand and increase awareness and consumer engagement.
- Collaborate across disciplines with product designers, art directors, writers, and developers.
- Comfortable juggling multiple projects at a time.
- Iterate on and establish design systems or directions to be carried through a project’s life cycle.
- Meet creative and operational standards while also striving for constant improvement.
- A bachelor’s degree in graphic design or the equivalent of 2+ years experience.
Strong online portfolio that demonstrates graphic design, interactive design, typography, storytelling and attention to detail.
- An understanding of or skills in front-end development.
- You have a strong desire to contribute in a highly collaborative environment with positivity and a passionate work ethic.
- Mastery of industry standard software (Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch, Figma)
- Excellent time management skills and ability to be a self-starter.
- Ability to work within brand guidelines while remaining unique and interesting.
- UX and wireframe experience is a plus.