Foxtrot is the digitally native evolution of the corner store – a one-stop shop for those seeking thoughtful curation that’s a reflection of themselves and their city – offering a curated collection of daily essentials in-store and delivered in under an hour via our app and website.
Venture-backed by investors including Fifth Wall, Lerer Hippeau, Revolution’s Rise of the Rest, and Collaborative, to name a few, Foxtrot is building a truly omnichannel brand that seamlessly marries e-commerce delivery, proprietary inventory technology, and the feel-good community of neighborhood stores.
Our spaces offer all the most-loved aspects of neighborhood cafes – beautifully designed interiors that wrap you in the welcoming aroma of freshly brewed coffee, comfortable lounge areas to work and relax, and chef-prepared meals to snack on throughout the day – while bringing together mindful people, brands and goods to create a community of discovery and joy.
Our e-commerce experience – highlighted by our swift app and online store – is powered by our proprietary inventory and operational technology to deliver a new kind of convenience that brings the store to your door in under an hour.
Since launching our native app in 2013, we now operate a robust e-commerce business and have opened nine retail stores in Chicago and Dallas, and are rapidly scaling to take this first-of-its-kind omnichannel brand nationwide.
About the Role
Foxtrot is seeking an experienced backend engineer to join our growing technology team and help propel the company into the next stage of growth and beyond. You’ll be working directly with the CTO on a variety of projects to support both the consumer-facing apps as well as infrastructure to support the operational aspects of the business.
- Working with the engineering team to support our existing backend infrastructure as well as develop new and exciting features from the ground up.
- Collaborating with our operations team to build internal applications to improve efficiencies in order management, inventory management, and delivery logistics
- Building tools to help bridge the offline / online nature of Foxtrot’s business
- Keeping up to date with the latest tools and technology to help our team
- BS, MS in Computer Science or related engineering field
- 3+ Years of software development experience, including Python and Django
- Experience with at least one SQL-based database engine
A plus if you have experience with:
- Building applications for iOS or Android
- PHP 7.x
Competitive salary, benefits, new laptop / monitor setup of your choice + $100 monthly Foxtrot credit