Foxtrot is the digitally native evolution of the corner store – a one-stop shop for those seeking thoughtful curation that’s a reflection of themselves and their city – offering a curated collection of daily essentials in-store and delivered in under an hour via our app and website.
Venture-backed by investors including Fifth Wall, Lerer Hippeau, Revolution’s Rise of the Rest, and Collaborative, to name a few, Foxtrot is building a truly omnichannel brand that seamlessly marries e-commerce delivery, proprietary inventory technology, and the feel-good community of neighborhood stores.
Our spaces offer all the most-loved aspects of neighborhood cafes – beautifully designed interiors that wrap you in the welcoming aroma of freshly brewed coffee, comfortable lounge areas to work and relax, and chef-prepared meals to snack on throughout the day – while bringing together mindful people, brands and goods to create a community of discovery and joy.
Our e-commerce experience – highlighted by our swift app and online store – is powered by our proprietary inventory and operational technology to deliver a new kind of convenience that brings the store to your door in under an hour.
Since launching our native app in 2013, we now operate a robust e-commerce business and have opened nine retail stores in Chicago and Dallas, and are rapidly scaling to take this first-of-its-kind omnichannel brand nationwide.
About the Role
Foxtrot is looking for a hospitality-first, experienced, friendly and motivated General Manager to lead a café and market in Chicago.
The General Manager will lead a dynamic team, ensuring excellent service and welcoming hospitality to guests of our coffee lounge, dine-in café, and retail market. You will also ensure smooth and efficient operations of online delivery orders originating from our app and website.
- Café and Hospitality: Ensure an atmosphere of welcoming hospitality and top notch customer service to all guests
- Personnel Management
- Oversee hiring, training, and promoting of new store employees
- Coaching and retraining of existing employees as needed
- Schedule writing and maintenance
- Store level payroll management
- Performing and delegating tasks as designated by Foxtrot Leadership
- Operational Management
- Oversee and direct in-house prepared food & café operation
- Ensure operational follow through in online delivery service and storefront
- Oversee relationship between store staff and delivery team
- Manage cash handling including deposits and change
- Product Ordering and Merchandising
- Oversee ordering of product and vendor management for store
- Ensure product displays are properly merchandised, labeled, and rotated
- Manage ordering and maintenance of store’s non-merchandise and packaging
- Inventory Management
- Conduct regular inventory counts
- Institute and manage inventory best practices
- Customer Satisfaction
- Ensure satisfaction of both online and brick and mortar customers
- 2 year of previous retail, café and/or restaurant managerial experience required
- Hospitality-first mindset
- Must be 21+ to handle alcohol transactions
- Strong communication skills (written and spoken)
- Passion for high quality goods, especially in food and beverage
- Knowledge of the food and beverage industry
- Must be able to lift up to 40 pounds of boxes up and down stairs
- Able to work independently
- Punctual and reliable
Full-time, salaried position with benefits after a 90-day probationary period.