Foxtrot is the digitally native evolution of the corner store – a one-stop shop for those seeking thoughtful curation that’s a reflection of themselves and their city – offering a curated collection of daily essentials in-store and delivered in under an hour via our app and website.
Venture-backed by investors including Fifth Wall, Lerer Hippeau, Revolution’s Rise of the Rest, and Collaborative, to name a few, Foxtrot is building a truly omnichannel brand that seamlessly marries e-commerce delivery, proprietary inventory technology, and the feel-good community of neighborhood stores.
Our spaces offer all the most-loved aspects of neighborhood cafes – beautifully designed interiors that wrap you in the welcoming aroma of freshly brewed coffee, comfortable lounge areas to work and relax, and chef-prepared meals to snack on throughout the day – while bringing together mindful people, brands and goods to create a community of discovery and joy.
Our e-commerce experience – highlighted by our swift app and online store – is powered by our proprietary inventory and operational technology to deliver a new kind of convenience that brings the store to your door in under an hour.
Since launching our native app in 2013, we now operate a robust e-commerce business and have opened nine retail stores in Chicago and Dallas, and are rapidly scaling to take this first-of-its-kind omnichannel brand nationwide.
About the Role
Foxtrot is looking for a self-motivated, hard-working, well-organized and friendly kitchen manager to join our team.
- Ensure quality and safety of food
- Maintain a clean, organized and well-stocked kitchen
- Maintain equipment and utensils
- Ensure a safe working environment to reduce the risk of injury and accidents
- Promote teamwork and create a great customer experience
- Monitor food waste and inventory levels
- Lead other team members by example and mentor new staff
- Resolve food quality issues
- Develop a strong team dynamic between kitchen crew team and front of house team
- Ensure kitchen is properly cleaned and sanitized
- High school diploma or GED equivalent; culinary arts courses/certifications or related degree a plus
- 1-2 years experience supervising and/or managing kitchen staff and working with inventory and food ordering
- Experience working as a line or prep cook
- Exude confidence in cooking skills and abilities
- Proven ability to lead a team and communicate efficiently (written and spoken)
- Ability to lift at least 50 pounds
- Ability to stand on your feet for several hours
- Ability to comply with all sanitation procedures
- Weekend and holiday availability