Foxtrot is the digitally native evolution of the corner store – a one-stop shop for those seeking thoughtful curation that’s a reflection of themselves and their city – offering a curated collection of daily essentials in-store and delivered in under an hour via our app and website.
Venture-backed by investors including Fifth Wall, Lerer Hippeau, Revolution’s Rise of the Rest, and Collaborative, to name a few, Foxtrot is building a truly omnichannel brand that seamlessly marries e-commerce delivery, proprietary inventory technology, and the feel-good community of neighborhood stores.
Our spaces offer all the most-loved aspects of neighborhood cafes – beautifully designed interiors that wrap you in the welcoming aroma of freshly brewed coffee, comfortable lounge areas to work and relax, and chef-prepared meals to snack on throughout the day – while bringing together mindful people, brands and goods to create a community of discovery and joy.
Our e-commerce experience – highlighted by our swift app and online store – is powered by our proprietary inventory and operational technology to deliver a new kind of convenience that brings the store to your door in under an hour.
Since launching our native app in 2013, we now operate a robust e-commerce business and have opened nine retail stores in Chicago and Dallas, and are rapidly scaling to take this first-of-its-kind omnichannel brand nationwide.
About the Role
Foxtrot is looking for friendly, professional and motivated individuals interested in Coffee Educator opportunities at our Chicago locations. You will offer guests an elevated coffee experience via extensive training, product and beverage knowledge, and superior customer service. You are knowledgeable about the products we offer, excited to answer guest questions, and can speak knowingly about the Foxtrot brand. This is a “high touch” position; a desire to interact with our guests and bring positive energy is a must.
- Train & Educate Baristas and Store Team members in the various brew methods and practices
- Assist in product ordering/coffee par management
- Ensure quality and consistency is maintained across our various stores
- Act as an ambassador for the Foxtrot brand to all guests and employees alike
- Maintain excellence in cafe presentation and cleanliness
- Greet all guests entering the store
- Prepare and serve coffee and tea beverages that adhere to the company standards and training protocols
- Complete required training course and earn the Foxtrot Cafe Barista Certification
- Maintain coffee knowledge on current offerings and be able to articulate that to our guests
- Educate guests and staff on all coffee and teas carried
- Garner excitement and solicit answers to guest questions, e.g. products, Foxtrot stores, delivery
- Ensure overall customer satisfaction for primarily in-store guests
- Operate cash registers to scan merchandise and process sales transactions
- Minimum 2 years of Specialty Coffee experience
- Able to work independently
- Outgoing and personable – enjoys interacting with customers
- Must be able to lift up to 40 pounds of boxes up and downstairs
- Strong communication skills (written and spoken)
- Passion for high-quality goods, especially in food and beverage
- Punctual and reliable
- Previous specialty coffee or barista experience required
- Some weekend availability required
Competitive hourly rate based on experience.