Foxtrot is the digitally native evolution of the corner store – a one-stop shop for those seeking thoughtful curation that’s a reflection of themselves and their city – offering a curated collection of daily essentials in-store and delivered in under an hour via our app and website.
Venture-backed by investors including Fifth Wall, Lerer Hippeau, Revolution’s Rise of the Rest, and Collaborative, to name a few, Foxtrot is building a truly omnichannel brand that seamlessly marries e-commerce delivery, proprietary inventory technology, and the feel-good community of neighborhood stores.
Our spaces offer all the most-loved aspects of neighborhood cafes – beautifully designed interiors that wrap you in the welcoming aroma of freshly brewed coffee, comfortable lounge areas to work and relax, and chef-prepared meals to snack on throughout the day – while bringing together mindful people, brands and goods to create a community of discovery and joy.
Our e-commerce experience – highlighted by our swift app and online store – is powered by our proprietary inventory and operational technology to deliver a new kind of convenience that brings the store to your door in under an hour.
Since launching our native app in 2013, we now operate a robust e-commerce business and have opened nine retail stores in Chicago and Dallas, and are rapidly scaling to take this first-of-its-kind omnichannel brand nationwide.
About the Role
We are seeking an organized, motivated and responsible Inventory and Allocation Assistant Planner to join our amazing team. Main role will be to manage Inventory through our ERP system and primary objective to maintain inventory levels to meet daily distribution demands while minimizing excess supply.
Foxtrot is on the lookout for an analytical, detail-oriented Inventory and Allocation Assistant Planner to help develop and execute our product strategies, ensuring we have the right product in the right place, in the right quantities, and at the right time. In this role, you'll help manage inventory levels across the organization, generate accurate SKU-level forecasts and sell-through projections, and conduct thorough reports on product performance. Through location-level forecasting, you'll have the opportunity to shape our strategy so that our product assortment and inventory align with customer demand and company targets. Our ideal candidate is no stranger to analysis and able to consider past, present, and future figures. Excellent collaboration and communication skills are also a must since you'll often partner with other teams, such as Merchandising, Supply Chain, and Finance. Ready to impact our key product operations and support the overall growth strategy for Foxtrot? Read on!
- Places all orders for Foxtrot locations on a weekly basis (over 150+ vendors across two regions, orders at the store level (9 total stores) for each of the 150 vendors
- Manages transfers between store locations
- Manages communication with store GMs regarding inventory questions
- Manages communication with vendors regarding order details/issues
- Partners with the AP team to ensure accuracy of invoicing systems to manage inventory spend
- Works with tech/operations on the implementation of a new inventory system to manage ordering and receiving good more efficiently
- Analyze historical data and current trends to identify risks and opportunities
- Manage inventory levels at our retail locations and labs, adhering to weeks-of-supply, in-stock rate, and sell-through targets
- Create new data models in Excel to help accurately forecast inventory and sales
- Support our inventory allocation strategies through your own analysis
- Run weekly and monthly reporting, plus ad-hoc analysis as needed
- Support the Merchandise Planning team with project management
- Equipped with 1–3 years of experience in merchandise or store planning
- The proud owner of a bachelor's degree in business administration or a related field
- Capable of building processes and reports from scratch to identify opportunities and risks
- Highly analytical and strategic
- Able to zero in on specific details without losing sight of high-level concepts
- A self-starter who's comfortable navigating uncharted territory
- A master multitasker—you can wear many hats thanks to your exceptional time management and organization skills
- A proactive, eloquent team player who's able to collaborate with colleagues across the organization
- Wizard-level Excel skills (particularly in modeling)
- A strong understanding of retail math (costing, gross margins, turn, etc.)
- Project management experience (extra, extra credit!)