Foxtrot is the digitally native evolution of the corner store – a one-stop shop for those seeking thoughtful curation that’s a reflection of themselves and their city – offering a curated collection of daily essentials in-store and delivered in under an hour via our app and website.
Venture-backed by investors including Fifth Wall, Lerer Hippeau, Revolution’s Rise of the Rest, and Collaborative, to name a few, Foxtrot is building a truly omnichannel brand that seamlessly marries e-commerce delivery, proprietary inventory technology, and the feel-good community of neighborhood stores.
Our spaces offer all the most-loved aspects of neighborhood cafes – beautifully designed interiors that wrap you in the welcoming aroma of freshly brewed coffee, comfortable lounge areas to work and relax, and chef-prepared meals to snack on throughout the day – while bringing together mindful people, brands and goods to create a community of discovery and joy.
Our e-commerce experience – highlighted by our swift app and online store – is powered by our proprietary inventory and operational technology to deliver a new kind of convenience that brings the store to your door in under an hour.
Since launching our native app in 2013, we now operate a robust e-commerce business and have opened nine retail stores in Chicago and Dallas, and are rapidly scaling to take this first-of-its-kind omnichannel brand nationwide.
About the Role
As VP of Finance you will lead the Finance function and help to drive profitability for the company through analysis, reporting and financial guidance on key business decisions. You will also build a high-performing finance team to ensure that Foxtrot is able to continue our business growth and achieve our ambitious goals.
You will act as a key thought partner in how we plan for the future, provide financial insights across the leadership team to improve decision making, and ensure we are set up for scalable growth and success.
This key position is critical to helping to grow our business profitably and successfully.
- Lead overall strategy and execution across all financial areas, including: FP&A, Treasury, Compliance and Accounting
- Implement processes, frameworks and systems to capture and utilize data across the business; provide insights and recommendations to support our profitable growth
- Build detailed financial models to support our growth plan, both at the total company level, and also for regions / segments / stores
- Partner with the CEO on financing strategy and board communications. Develop materials and provide support for all corporate transactions and board / investor requests
- Enhance internal financial management – maintain and develop dashboards, policies, and tools. Look for process and technology improvements to increase efficiency and effectiveness
- Direct annual budget creation and re-forecasting activities throughout the year
- Lead annual external audit process. Prepare month-end, quarter-end and year-end financial statements, and lead month-end close activities
- Provide financial analysis and financial management support to functional leaders, and provide support on short-, medium- and long-term business strategy
- BS/BA required; MBA and/or CPA preferred
- Minimum 7 years of experience in finance with strong financial analysis experience and full P&L ownership
- Experience in scaling, high-growth companies. Prior experience at a growth-stage company is strongly preferred
- Strong knowledge of modeling/forecasting, business planning, budgeting, and management reporting
- Ability to understand and create value from data analytics to impact the business
- Reputation for objectivity and seasoned business judgment
- Ability to earn trust and confidence; positive attitude and strong team player
- Previous experience managing multiple initiatives and changing priorities
- Demonstrated the ability to build and manage a team