Foxtrot is the digitally native evolution of the corner store – a one-stop shop for those seeking thoughtful curation that’s a reflection of themselves and their city – offering a curated collection of daily essentials in-store and delivered in under an hour via our app and website.
Venture-backed by investors including Fifth Wall, Lerer Hippeau, Revolution’s Rise of the Rest, and Collaborative, to name a few, Foxtrot is building a truly omnichannel brand that seamlessly marries e-commerce delivery, proprietary inventory technology, and the feel-good community of neighborhood stores.
Our spaces offer all the most-loved aspects of neighborhood cafes – beautifully designed interiors that wrap you in the welcoming aroma of freshly brewed coffee, comfortable lounge areas to work and relax, and chef-prepared meals to snack on throughout the day – while bringing together mindful people, brands and goods to create a community of discovery and joy.
Our e-commerce experience – highlighted by our swift app and online store – is powered by our proprietary inventory and operational technology to deliver a new kind of convenience that brings the store to your door in under an hour.
Since launching our native app in 2013, we now operate a robust e-commerce business and have opened nine retail stores in Chicago and Dallas, and are rapidly scaling to take this first-of-its-kind omnichannel brand nationwide.
About the Role
Foxtrot is seeking a General Manager – Washington, DC to lead Foxtrot’s business in the market. You will be the point person for Foxtrot's entry and growth within the market, deliver expected financial results, oversee our stores and ecommerce business, and drive major projects and initiatives. We are looking for someone with a strong sense of ownership, an ability to translate data / insights into action, and a desire to work with, and lead, teams.
Manage / own P&L results
- Deliver revenue and other financial / operations results
- Report on store / market-level performance; identify major drivers of business performance, issues, opportunities, etc. Proactively lead initiatives to drive improvement across these dimensions
- Prepare and lead regular report-outs to the broader team on local market performance, critical issues, etc.
Drive market growth
- Identify and execute on opportunities to grow Foxtrot within the market
- Drive cross-functional support to ensure corporate team delivers on local business requirements
- Develop learning-based culture to test and learn from in-market activities
Manage local operations
- Manage store GMs and provide regular feedback and coaching
- Support store GMs and Chicago Retail Lead in schedule-writing and courier management
- Ensure stores are meeting targets for payroll, hiring, etc.
- Oversee local delivery business
Lead local recruiting
- Hire store GMs
- Hire / support hiring of additional talent: commissary chef, local marketer, etc.
Execute company-wide initiatives
- Ensure corporate priorities (e.g., merchandising, marketing) are executed at the local level
- Work cross-functionally with other corporate functions, GMs
- Surface issues and opportunities to the broader corporate team
Oversee market entry / expansion
- Provide “on the ground” support with managing new store construction
- Identify and surface issues to our Construction team for new / existing stores
- Ensure post-launch period remains strong, identifying growth and improvement opportunities and driving them to completion
- Prior experience in another high-growth startup, top-tier strategy consulting, or a similar job preferred
- Bachelor’s degree required, MBA preferred
- Comfortable in a fast-moving, demanding environment
- Experience leading teams – directly and cross-functionally
- Able to generate insights from data, and to synthesize issues and opportunities
- Self-motivated and comfortable working away from headquarters
- Positive, can-do attitude and ownership mentality
- Desire to develop and coach colleagues and direct reports