Foxtrot is the digitally native evolution of the corner store – a one-stop shop for those seeking thoughtful curation that’s a reflection of themselves and their city – offering a curated collection of daily essentials in-store and delivered in under an hour via our app and website.
Venture-backed by investors including Fifth Wall, Lerer Hippeau, Revolution’s Rise of the Rest, and Collaborative, to name a few, Foxtrot is building a truly omnichannel brand that seamlessly marries e-commerce delivery, proprietary inventory technology, and the feel-good community of neighborhood stores.
Our spaces offer all the most-loved aspects of neighborhood cafes – beautifully designed interiors that wrap you in the welcoming aroma of freshly brewed coffee, comfortable lounge areas to work and relax, and chef-prepared meals to snack on throughout the day – while bringing together mindful people, brands and goods to create a community of discovery and joy.
Our e-commerce experience – highlighted by our swift app and online store – is powered by our proprietary inventory and operational technology to deliver a new kind of convenience that brings the store to your door in under an hour.
Since launching our native app in 2013, we now operate a robust e-commerce business and have opened nine retail stores in Chicago and Dallas, and are rapidly scaling to take this first-of-its-kind omnichannel brand nationwide.
About the Role
As the Head of Growth Marketing, you will have the opportunity to shape and build Foxtrot’s acquisition strategy. You will play a vital role in all aspects of our paid marketing mix. You understand the importance of working cross-functionally, thrive in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment, and are genuinely excited to have a huge impact on our business. You will be responsible for growing our omnichannel customer base.
You will play a key role in tracking business performance, analyzing campaigns and increasing our understanding of all our activities. You will address the complex challenges of marketing effectiveness, ROI, optimization strategies, consumer insights customer behavior and channel effectiveness.
We are looking for a highly versatile and well-rounded leader, someone who can create and drive strategy but also roll up their sleeves and get their hands dirty.
- Develop Foxtrots consumer marketing growth/performance strategy: Work with brand Marketing to Identify essential audiences, go-to-market, intel, and marketing campaigns that ladder-up to hit both in-store and online growth goals
- Assess local markets to identify strategic market and consumer needs that improve the product roadmap.
- Create an offline to online omnichannel strategy to grow holistic customer base
- Analyze data and conduct A/B and multivariate tests to gain insights and evaluate refinements and optimizations.
- Help improve monthly & quarterly cross-channel integrated media strategy, planning, and buying process.
- Plan and execute local programs and campaigns. This includes strategy, test plans, creative development, media planning, and campaign analysis.
- Lead constant, iterative improvement of the consumer growth strategy and planning process to hit our goals through longitudinal measurement and stewardship of the analytics roadmap.
- Drive research and insights for Premium enhancements in the region – Collect and analyze data on our users, experiences, conversion flows and marketing asset performance for insights about conversion improvement opportunities.
- At least 6+ years of experience in managing and executing online + offline marketing strategy, execution, and measurement
- Deep experience managing towards, and balancing, brand & performance-oriented marketing goals
- Intimate understanding of online and offline marketing, including measurement, incrementality, and marginal efficiency.
- You have a strong analytical toolkit with a strong understanding of attribution and how to leverage it to track marketing efforts.
- You have managed online marketing campaigns before and are comfortable rolling up your sleeves to executing things yourself (programming emails, pulling queries or Photoshop image tweaks).
- You have experience partnering with external media agencies and internal creative teams to deliver acquisitions that are both accretive to the brand and performance driven.
- You have a strategic mindset and can derive insights, recommendations and action plans from qualitative market trends, consumer feedback and large data sets.
- You have a proven track record of leading and executing complex projects independently and in getting things done in a larger organization where you have dependencies on other teams.
- You are also opportunistic and scrappy and can capture and execute opportunities as they arise, even under very tight deadlines.
- You are self-motivated and driven, and are comfortable working remotely from other team members and senior leaders, but even so manage to stay in sync by being an excellent communicator.