Foxtrot is the digitally native evolution of the corner store – a one-stop shop for those seeking thoughtful curation that’s a reflection of themselves and their city – offering a curated collection of daily essentials in-store and delivered in under an hour via our app and website.
Venture-backed by investors including Fifth Wall, Lerer Hippeau, Revolution’s Rise of the Rest, and Collaborative, to name a few, Foxtrot is building a truly omnichannel brand that seamlessly marries e-commerce delivery, proprietary inventory technology, and the feel-good community of neighborhood stores.
Our spaces offer all the most-loved aspects of neighborhood cafes – beautifully designed interiors that wrap you in the welcoming aroma of freshly brewed coffee, comfortable lounge areas to work and relax, and chef-prepared meals to snack on throughout the day – while bringing together mindful people, brands and goods to create a community of discovery and joy.
Our e-commerce experience – highlighted by our swift app and online store – is powered by our proprietary inventory and operational technology to deliver a new kind of convenience that brings the store to your door in under an hour.
Since launching our native app in 2013, we now operate a robust e-commerce business and have opened nine retail stores in Chicago and Dallas, and are rapidly scaling to take this first-of-its-kind omnichannel brand nationwide.
About the Role
As Head of People you will be responsible for helping to source, develop, motivate and retain the team at Foxtrot. You will be a champion for our culture and support company executives and team leaders, allowing Foxtrot to grow and develop. In this role you will be responsible for all Human Resources-related activities.
You will be responsible for building an exceptional team that can scale and support Foxtrot as it grows. People Operations will partner with all areas of the company to help our team build and support their organizations. This will involve driving recruitment, coaching, helping to resolving employee relations issues, and managing development / review program.
This key position is critical to helping to grow our business and allowing us to build a unique and strong people-oriented culture.
- Work with the executive team and team leaders to own all HR-related activities
- Build a high-performing People Operations team that can scale with Foxtrot
- Provide HR leadership across the business on our most important topics, including: recruiting, performance management, compensation and benefits, staff relations, and development
- Track and report on relevant data to support company decision making
- Support, and lead, the development of our company culture
- Bachelor's degree required, business and/or HR majors preferred
- Minimum five years of HR experience. Time in a high growth venture-backed company, or one at similar levels / stages of growth, preferred
- Knowledge of HR laws and regulations
- Experience leading a People Operations / HR team
- Computer proficiency, including Microsoft Office
- Strong critical/analytical thinking, communication, listening, and assessment skills
- Ability to demonstrate and teach Foxtrot’s mission, vision, values, and culture