Foxtrot is the digitally native evolution of the corner store – a one-stop shop for those seeking thoughtful curation that’s a reflection of themselves and their city – offering a curated collection of daily essentials in-store and delivered in under an hour via our app and website.
Venture-backed by investors including Fifth Wall, Lerer Hippeau, Revolution’s Rise of the Rest, and Collaborative, to name a few, Foxtrot is building a truly omnichannel brand that seamlessly marries e-commerce delivery, proprietary inventory technology, and the feel-good community of neighborhood stores.
Our spaces offer all the most-loved aspects of neighborhood cafes – beautifully designed interiors that wrap you in the welcoming aroma of freshly brewed coffee, comfortable lounge areas to work and relax, and chef-prepared meals to snack on throughout the day – while bringing together mindful people, brands and goods to create a community of discovery and joy.
Our e-commerce experience – highlighted by our swift app and online store – is powered by our proprietary inventory and operational technology to deliver a new kind of convenience that brings the store to your door in under an hour.
Since launching our native app in 2013, we now operate a robust e-commerce business and have opened nine retail stores in Chicago and Dallas, and are rapidly scaling to take this first-of-its-kind omnichannel brand nationwide.
About the Role
Foxtrot is seeking an Executive Chef to lead our culinary operations in Dallas. The Chef will directly oversee the daily commissary operations and assist with store café execution while working closely with the corporate team in Chicago.This role is incredibly important to Foxtrot’s regional expansion, and offers personal growth opportunities within a high-growth company.
- Oversee daily kitchen operations
- Ensure high standard of food quality and consistency for all menu items
- Execute, test and adjust recipes accordingly
- Manage food cost, labor cost and waste management to achieve set budgetary targets
- Source new vendors and products as needed
- Assist with operational logistics, receiving, and staff hiring/scheduling
- Maintain cleaning systems in the BOH
- Demonstrate clean work habits and time management
- Maintain a strong work ethic
- Build and maintain team morale
- Support the company's overall goals
- 5+ years professional cooking experience, with least 2 years in a managerial capacity as CDC or Executive Chef; culinary degree preferred
- Ability to demonstrate and re-enforce basic and advanced culinary skills, and QC menu items as needed
- Strong communication skills – ability to manage and motivate a diverse team
- Department of Health Certification
- Experience ordering and cultivating relationships with purveyors
- Strong inventory management and waste plan efficiency skills, past positive food cost & labor cost numbers
- Proficient computer skills – working knowledge of Excel, Word and Google Sheets a plus