Foxtrot is the digitally native evolution of the corner store – a one-stop shop for those seeking thoughtful curation that’s a reflection of themselves and their city – offering a curated collection of daily essentials in-store and delivered in under an hour via our app and website.
Venture-backed by investors including Fifth Wall, Lerer Hippeau, Revolution’s Rise of the Rest, and Collaborative, to name a few, Foxtrot is building a truly omnichannel brand that seamlessly marries e-commerce delivery, proprietary inventory technology, and the feel-good community of neighborhood stores.
Our spaces offer all the most-loved aspects of neighborhood cafes – beautifully designed interiors that wrap you in the welcoming aroma of freshly brewed coffee, comfortable lounge areas to work and relax, and chef-prepared meals to snack on throughout the day – while bringing together mindful people, brands and goods to create a community of discovery and joy.
Our e-commerce experience – highlighted by our swift app and online store – is powered by our proprietary inventory and operational technology to deliver a new kind of convenience that brings the store to your door in under an hour.
Since launching our native app in 2013, we now operate a robust e-commerce business and have opened nine retail stores in Chicago and Dallas, and are rapidly scaling to take this first-of-its-kind omnichannel brand nationwide.
About the Role
Foxtrot is looking for friendly, professional and motivated individuals interested in entry-level managerial opportunities at our Chicago locations.
- Customer Service Excellence
- Providing an Elevated Experience for both in-store and online customers
- Working proactively to prevent customer issues and reacting quickly to provide solutions for issues when they arise
- Providing guidance on how to properly and efficiently resolve customer issues
- Acting as an ambassador for the Foxtrot brand to all customers
- Promoting our online services and driving customer loyalty through promotion of our Foxtrot Perks program
- Handling inbound customer service inquiries through our online support application
- In-Store Operations
- Acting as Leader on Duty in absence of Store Management
- Operating cash registers to scan merchandise and properly handling currency & bank drops in accordance with company cash handling policy
- Performing barista and coffee duties at in-store cafe
- Ensuring that store is clean, presentable, and well-stocked at all times
- Overseeing and delegating duties to Store Team Members and Central Dispatchers on shift
- Contributing to the growth and development of store team through proper coaching
- Receive product from Vendors and accurately submit Purchase Orders
- Performing other job duties as needed
- The Online Experience
- Sending correct and complete orders on-time to online customers
- Monitoring the online ordering and delivery service
- Dispatching and/or overseeing deliveries to our team of couriers through an online interface
- Managing App menu as needed
- Must be 21+ to handle alcohol transactions
- Previous retail, third-wave coffee or hospitality experience strongly preferred
- Must be able to lift up to 40 pounds of boxes up and down stairs
- Strong communication skills (written and spoken)
- Passion for high quality goods, especially in food and beverage
- Able to work independently
- Punctual and reliable
- Some weekend availability required
Competitive hourly rate based on experience starting at $16 per hour with scheduled raises.
*Please include your availability with your application, as well as your top two preferred store locations.