Foxtrot is the digitally native evolution of the corner store – a one-stop shop for those seeking thoughtful curation that’s a reflection of themselves and their city – offering a curated collection of daily essentials in-store and delivered in under an hour via our app and website.
Venture-backed by investors including Fifth Wall, Lerer Hippeau, Revolution’s Rise of the Rest, and Collaborative, to name a few, Foxtrot is building a truly omnichannel brand that seamlessly marries e-commerce delivery, proprietary inventory technology, and the feel-good community of neighborhood stores.
Our spaces offer all the most-loved aspects of neighborhood cafes – beautifully designed interiors that wrap you in the welcoming aroma of freshly brewed coffee, comfortable lounge areas to work and relax, and chef-prepared meals to snack on throughout the day – while bringing together mindful people, brands and goods to create a community of discovery and joy.
Our e-commerce experience – highlighted by our swift app and online store – is powered by our proprietary inventory and operational technology to deliver a new kind of convenience that brings the store to your door in under an hour.
Since launching our native app in 2013, we now operate a robust e-commerce business and have opened nine retail stores in Chicago and Dallas, and are rapidly scaling to take this first-of-its-kind omnichannel brand nationwide.
About the Role
Foxtrot is looking for gregarious, professional and motivated individuals interested in the coffee, beer, and wine industries to guide customers through all facets of our in-store retail experience. With an elevated hospitality mindset, you’ll serve customers both as an expert in Foxtrot’s product offerings, and as a barista in our third-wave café.
- Perform and maintain specialty barista and coffee duties at in-store café
- Demonstrate and maintain an in-depth understanding and expertise of Foxtrot’s products, in particular in the areas of: Coffee, Wine, Beer, Tea, Fresh Prepared Food
- Act as ambassador for the Foxtrot brand
- Operate cash registers to scan merchandise and process sales transactions
- Guide customers through our gifting service
- Maintain a heightened atmosphere of hospitality for the entire retail experience
- Handle inbound customer service inquiries both in-store and through our online support application
- Ensure store is fully faced and organized
- Clean, maintain, and organize all work areas
- Must be 21+ to handle alcohol transactions
- Previous retail, third-wave coffee or hospitality experience strongly preferred
- Knowledge of beer and wine a plus
- Must be able to lift up to 40 pounds of boxes up and down stairs
- Strong communication skills (written and spoken)
- Passion for high quality goods, especially in food and beverage
- Able to work independently
- Punctual and reliable
- Some weekend availability required
Competitive hourly rate based on experience starting at $16 per hour with scheduled raises.
Foxtrot will also cover the cost of required certifications for the role.