Foxtrot is the digitally native evolution of the corner store – a one-stop shop for those seeking thoughtful curation that’s a reflection of themselves and their city – offering a curated collection of daily essentials in-store and delivered in under an hour via our app and website.
Venture-backed by investors including Fifth Wall, Lerer Hippeau, Revolution’s Rise of the Rest, and Collaborative, to name a few, Foxtrot is building a truly omnichannel brand that seamlessly marries e-commerce delivery, proprietary inventory technology, and the feel-good community of neighborhood stores.
Our spaces offer all the most-loved aspects of neighborhood cafes – beautifully designed interiors that wrap you in the welcoming aroma of freshly brewed coffee, comfortable lounge areas to work and relax, and chef-prepared meals to snack on throughout the day – while bringing together mindful people, brands and goods to create a community of discovery and joy.
Our e-commerce experience – highlighted by our swift app and online store – is powered by our proprietary inventory and operational technology to deliver a new kind of convenience that brings the store to your door in under an hour.
Since launching our native app in 2013, we now operate a robust e-commerce business and have opened nine retail stores in Chicago and Dallas, and are rapidly scaling to take this first-of-its-kind omnichannel brand nationwide.
About the Role
Foxtrot is seeking a Software Engineer to join our growing technology team and help propel the company into the next stage of growth and beyond. You’ll be working directly with the CTO on a variety of projects to support both the consumer-facing apps as well as infrastructure to support the operational aspects of the business.
- Work with the engineering team to design, build and deploy a variety of systems
- Collaborate with our operations team to build systems to improve efficiencies in order management, inventory management, and delivery logistics
- Opportunity to develop across platforms - from native mobile apps to backend services, there is plenty of room to work on what interests you
- Build tools to help bridge the offline / online nature of Foxtrot’s business
- Keep up to date with the latest tools and technology to help our team
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related engineering field
- 4+ years relevant software engineering experience
- Background in multiple programming languages preferred
- Experience with:
- Python / Django (or other major web framework)
- AWS or other cloud service provider
- RESTful web services design and implementation
- Supporting MySQL in production
- Development in *NIX environments
- React & React Native a plus