Foundry.ai is seeking a Senior UI/UX Designer.
Foundry.ai is a technology fund/studio that creates AI software companies in partnership with large global enterprises. Backed by ~$100m in capital from leading private equity and venture capital partners, we focus relentlessly on ‘practical’ applications of AI that cut through the hype cycle and drive immediate, measurable, and recurring improvements to financial performance. Our unique demand-driven model ensures we are developing products that solve real-world business problems for large organizations.
Foundry.ai has launched multiple operating companies to date through this innovative approach, and we are in the process of creating more. Once an operating company is created, it is staffed with key personnel and scales aggressively, with the benefit of referenceable customers, validated product-market fit, and the institutional backing of the Foundry.ai executive team and broader ecosystem.
The Senior UI/UX Designer can both imagine and build. You’ll be taking huge amounts of data and analytic workflows and creating an intuitive experience for users. You will:
- Contribute to all facets of design to make a great product
- Make interfaces that are beautiful and elegant
- Ensure information is structured in a way that makes the most sense
- Create interactions that are enjoyable
- Develop user interaction and interface deliverables, including sketches, wireframes, visual designs
- Write front-end code. At a minimum, quick prototyping of features in HTML / CSS.
- Iterate with team members through the entire design and development process, with a focus on “ship and improve,” rather than “make it perfect the first time”
- Be a champion for users’ needs from requirements gathering through implementation
The Successful Candidate
A successful candidate will combine left-brain and right-brain thinking. He or she will lean one way or the other, but should be able to move fluidly between them. More tangibly:
- Experience in designing usable interfaces for web apps (1-3 years)
- Strong visual design sense (sample portfolio required)
- Passion for developing world-class user experiences
- Good problem solving skills, attention to detail and critical thinking abilities
- Experience wire-framing and creating visual comps (and the tools for doing this)
- Ability to give and receive constructive feedback from non-designers
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Energetic, self-starter with strong communication skills
- Degree in HCI, Interaction Design, or related field preferred