WHO WE ARE
We are Forward, a team of clinicians and technologists united by a profound vision: to connect healthcare for everyone, first for professionals, then for patients.
We believe that secure, intelligent communication is fundamental to healthcare.
We're at the start of an incredible journey, and are looking for an exceptional iOS Developer to join us.
We’re backed by the VCs behind Pillpack, Deliveroo and Zoopla, and we’d like your help to build this amazing vision.
We are on a mission to bring together the largest network of healthcare professionals in the world.
We see communication as the single most important factor in a modern healthcare system. Done right, it saves lives, saves time and saves billions of dollars across each system.
We are currently building a secure, intelligent mobile platform that empowers health professionals to share healthcare information seamlessly across the UK's National Health Service and beyond.
HOW YOU WOULD CONTRIBUTE
Working alongside a team that is passionate about delivering exceptional user experience, the iOS developer will build a delightful app experience for our iOS users.The ideal profile will be a hands-on engineer with a deep technical background and experience building complex applications for a notable company. The iOS Developer will play a key role in ensuring that Forward Health can rapidly scale to support the company’s ambition on an international basis. You will be part of an impressive group of people who are working together to build the world’s fastest, most reliable global healthcare communication platform.
- Build a world class user experience for Forward Health customers
- Take ownership of the quality of our iOS codebase
- Help to foster an enviable engineering culture, combining high standards and output
- Writing clean, maintainable and testable Swift code
- Ensure the performance, quality, and responsiveness of applications
WHAT WE VALUE
- Solid experience developing apps within the iOS developer ecosystem
- Good practical experience with the Swift programming language
- Good understanding and experience of using MVC & MVVM patterns
- Experience using Reactive Programming with RXSwift
- Deep understanding of iOS Core frameworks & approaches like offline storage, threading, and performance tuning
- Significant experience working with RESTful APIs & JSON
- Knowledge of Apple’s design principles and interface guidelines
- Knowledge of low-level C-based libraries
- Familiarity with cloud messaging APIs and push notifications
- Strong test automation / CI / CD background
- Savvy with software design patterns and when to use them
- High-growth technology company experience preferred
- Detail-oriented with great organisational skills, comfortable with ambiguity
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, ability to be personable yet persistent
- Proven experience in building and launching great mobile apps
- Ideally a Degree in Computer Science, or the equivalent in education and work experience
OUR PEOPLE & CULTURE
- Opportunity to see your ideas become a reality and generate value
- Participate in an open, creative, innovative company culture
- Flexible working hours
- Competitive company benefits & salary
Here at Forward we’re passionate about creating an inclusive culture that encourages, supports, and celebrates the diverse voices of our employees. Everyone is welcome. We don’t discriminate on the basis of any protected characteristic including race, religion or belief, gender or gender reassignment, age, sexual orientation, marital status, or disability. We want to facilitate everyone in bringing their best selves to our interviews, so if there are any adjustments we can make for our process to be more inclusive, please let us know.
Additionally, trust and privacy are key to our success at Forward, so we would like to let you know that in compliance with the Data Protection Act 2018, upon submitting an application, your CV and personal details will be added to our database and may be used to match you to any future, suitable vacancies as they arise. Of course, we will remove your details at any time should you wish us to do so. You can read our privacy notice which explains your rights here: https://forwardhealth.co/privacy-policy-recruitment/