WHO WE ARE
We are Forward, a team of clinicians and technologists united by a profound vision: to connect healthcare for everyone, first for professionals, then for patients.
We believe that secure, intelligent communication is fundamental to healthcare.
We’re at the start of an incredible journey, and we’re looking for an exceptional VP Community to join us.
We’re backed by the VCs behind Pillpack, Deliveroo and Zoopla, and we’d like your help to build this amazing vision.
We are on a mission to bring together the largest network of healthcare professionals in the world.
We see communication as the single most important factor in a modern healthcare system. Its impact can be measured in loss of life, quality of care, and a cost of billions.
We are currently building a secure, intelligent mobile platform that solves the communication challenges faced by health professionals across the UK's National Health Service.
HOW YOU WOULD CONTRIBUTE
Working alongside a team that is passionate about delivering great customer experience, the Back-end Developer will play an active role on the technical team and be happy to voice opinions on technology vision and strategy. The ideal profile will be a hands-on engineer with a deep technical background. The Developer will play a key role in ensuring that Forward Health can rapidly scale to support the company’s ambition on an international basis. You will be part of an impressive group of people who are working together to build the world’s fastest, most reliable global healthcare communication platform
Take ownership of the quality of our back-end code base
- Foster an enviable engineering culture, combining high standards and output
- Implement and manage processes to maximise the velocity with which Forward builds and deploys high quality software
WHAT WE VALUE
Experience with API design and development using Node.js
- Strong test automation / CI / CD background
- Experience working with database technologies. Knowledge of variants (SQL & NOSQL) and when to use them
- Good understanding of software architecture principles and practice
- Savvy with Software Design Patterns and when to use them
- Strong appreciation for front-end technologies for iOS, Android, and Web and the challenges of supporting them
- Experience with Docker, Kubernetes, Jenkins highly beneficial
- Experience running software on cloud infrastructure, ideally AWS
- High-growth technology company experience preferred
- Detail-oriented with great organizational skills, comfortable with ambiguity
- Ability to distil complex issues into structured frameworks and concrete action plans
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, ability to be personable yet persistent
- Proven experience in building and launching complex platforms at scale
- Ideally a Degree in Computer Science, or the equivalent in education and work experience
- Experience with data security and messaging highly desirable
OUR PEOPLE & CULTURE
- Opportunity to see your ideas become a reality and generate value
- Participate in an open, creative, innovative company culture
- Flexible working hours
- Lively Shoreditch location
- Competitive company benefits & salary
Here at Forward we’re passionate about creating an inclusive culture that encourages, supports, and celebrates the diverse voices of our employees. Everyone is welcome. We don’t discriminate on the basis of any protected characteristic including race, religion or belief, gender or gender reassignment, age, sexual orientation, marital status, or disability.
We want to facilitate everyone in bringing their best selves to our interviews, so if there are any adjustments we can make for our process to be more inclusive, please let us know.