WHO WE ARE
We are Forward, a team of clinicians and technologists united by a profound vision: to connect healthcare for everyone, first for professionals, then for patients.
We believe that secure, intelligent communication is fundamental to healthcare.
We’re at the start of an incredible journey, and we’re looking for an exceptional Android Developer to join us.
We’re backed by the VCs behind Pillpack, Deliveroo and Zoopla, and we’d like your help to build this amazing vision.
We are on a mission to bring together the largest network of healthcare professionals in the world.
We see communication as the single most important factor in a modern healthcare system. Its impact can be measured in loss of life, quality of care, and a cost of billions.
We are currently building a secure, intelligent mobile platform that solves the communication challenges faced by health professionals across the UK's National Health Service.
HOW YOU WOULD CONTRIBUTE
Forward has run a successful beta phase in the UK, with 6,000 healthcare professionals onboarded via pilots across 6 NHS trusts. We are looking to appoint an Android Developer to to join our newly established technical team in London.
Working alongside a team that is passionate about delivering exceptional user experience, the Android developer will build a delightful app experience for our Android users.The ideal profile will be a hands-on engineer with a deep technical background and experience building complex applications for a notable company. The Android Developer will play a key role in ensuring that Forward Health can rapidly scale to support the company’s ambition on an international basis. You will be part of an impressive group of people who are working together to build the world’s fastest, most reliable global healthcare communication platform.
- Build a world class user experience for Forward Health customers
- Take ownership of the quality of our Android codebase
- Help to foster an enviable engineering culture, combining high standards and output
- Writing clean, maintainable and testable Java & Kotlin code
- Ensure the performance, quality, and responsiveness of applications
WHAT WE VALUE
- Significant experience developing apps within the Android developer ecosystem
- Good practical experience with the Java & Kotlin programming languages
- Experience with reactive programming using RxJava
- Experience working with RESTful APIs & JSON
- Good knowledge of Android design principles and interface guidelines
- Familiarity with cloud messaging APIs and push notifications
- Test automation / CI / CD background
- Savvy with software design patterns and when to use them
- High-growth technology company experience preferred
- Detail-oriented with great organisational skills, comfortable with ambiguity
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, ability to be personable yet persistent
- Proven experience in building and launching great mobile apps
- Ideally a Degree in Computer Science, or the equivalent in education and work experience
OUR PEOPLE & CULTURE
- Opportunity to see your ideas become a reality and generate value
- Participate in an open, creative, innovative company culture
- Flexible working hours
- Lively Shoreditch location
- Competitive company benefits & salary
- Posting start date: 11 July, 2019
- Posting end date: 10 August, 2019
- Salary: competitive
Here at Forward we’re passionate about creating an inclusive culture that encourages, supports, and celebrates the diverse voices of our employees. Everyone is welcome. We don’t discriminate on the basis of any protected characteristic including race, religion or belief, gender or gender reassignment, age, sexual orientation, marital status, or disability.
We want to facilitate everyone in bringing their best selves to our interviews, so if there are any adjustments we can make for our process to be more inclusive, please let us know.