This is a terrific opportunity for self-motivated individual to join our team. At Forward Financing, our mission is to be the leading provider of financing solutions to under-served small businesses. As the 15th fastest growing company in US & #1 in Massachusetts (Inc 500), we are at the forefront of growth in the FinTech space. We are 100% dedicated to this vertical and to achieving our mission.
As Account Executive, you will work with our clients to understand their needs and analyze their business (including revenue, cash flow and other similar characteristics) to help them identify and secure the right financial product for their business. You will report to the Vice President, Portfolio Management and collaborate frequently with team leads, underwriting and other account executives.
Forward Financing invests in our employees and their development. Your role in helping our clients find the right financial solution will be critical to driving our mission forward.
In this role you will:
- Evaluate existing client relationships, develop a strategy to grow the relationship and execute against the strategy
- Effectively analyze client profiles and financial history to advise them whether Forward Financing products suit their needs and financial circumstances
- Partner with your dedicated sales representatives to understand each client’s needs and expectations
- Exercise judgment in reviewing files to determine whether or not they should be submitted for possible financing
- Use your discretion and judgment to travel and visit your key partners to promote our product to their team
- Collect and organize documents needed to complete a client’s profile and move a closed sale to funding
- Utilize our CRM to manage your portfolio, serve clients well and determine when additional funding is appropriate
- Proactively call out to all existing clients to deepen our relationship, consult with them and serve as their advisor
- Handle interruptions and constantly changing priorities effectively and with grace
- Competitiveness: The job exists within a demanding environment where consistently winning is critical. The job demands tenacity, boldness, assertiveness and a “will to win” in dealing with highly competitive situations.
- Problem-Solver: The ability to identify alternative solutions to a problem and to select the best option; the ability to identify the system component that is causing the error, as well as the options available for resolving it and completing the task.
- Confidence: The ability to develop and maintain inner strength based on desire to succeed; a person’s belief that he or she possesses the capabilities to succeed.
- Communication: Speaks and writes clearly and articulately without being overly verbose or talkative. Maintains this standard in all forms of written communication, including email.
- Team Player: Reaches out to peers and cooperates with supervisors to establish an overall collaborative working relationship.
- Multi-tasking: Ability to tackle several projects simultaneously and self-prioritize effectively
- Coachability: Willingness to take constructive feedback and use it as a means to improve personal development
- Proactive: The ability to evaluate future implications of current decisions and action; the ability to mentally create the scenarios and outcomes of situations that could develop from decisions or plans of action.
- High Energy: Being excited and thriving in a dynamic, fast-paced, and growing organization
- Aggressiveness: Moves quickly and takes a forceful stand without being overly abrasive.
- Persistence: Demonstrates tenacity and willingness to go the distance to get something done.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 1-4 years working experience
- 6-12 months of experience in a sales oriented role
- Demonstrated success in setting and hitting goals
- Maintain a belief in the core values and mission of Forward Financing
Forward Financing is a Boston-based financial technology company that provides fast, flexible, and reliable working capital to small and medium-size businesses nationwide. By combining proprietary technology with a team of small business financing experts, Forward Financing delivers same day funding with the speed and simplicity business owners need to succeed and grow. With a simple online application, businesses can trust Forward Financing for approvals within minutes, funding within hours, and personalized support and service when they need it most.
Since 2012, Forward Financing has provided over $400m in funding to more than 10,000 small businesses. Consistently recognized as an industry leader, the company is A+ rated by the Better Business Bureau and receives top ratings across all major customer review platforms. In 2017 and 2018, Forward Financing was named by Inc. Magazine and the Boston Business Journal as one of the fastest growing companies in Massachusetts. Learn more at www.forwardfinancing.com
At Forward Financing, we believe that if our company succeeds, all of our employees succeed too! We offer a competitive compensation package for highly qualified candidates that are extremely motivated, have a positive attitude, and are able to ramp up quickly. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision and commuter benefits along with gym reimbursement, 401K, paid volunteering days and a matching gift program. We work in an open environment with a start-up vibe, conveniently located just steps away from South Station and conveniently located to all major "T" lines. You will have the opportunity to work with people that enjoy a fun, social office culture.