At Forward Financing, our mission is to be the leading provider of financing solutions to under-served small businesses. As the 15th fastest growing company in US & #1 in Massachusetts (Inc 500), we are at the forefront of growth in the FinTech space. We are 100% dedicated to this vertical and to achieving our mission.
This is a terrific opportunity for an ambitious and collaborative product manager to own a significant line of business and join the ground floor as we assemble a world class product organization.
You will be responsible for delivering a delightful, effortless experience that makes it both easier and more valuable for our partners and merchants to increasingly do business with us. As we strive to become their trusted advisor, your success will be measured by both the frequency and quality of these online interactions.
In this role you will:
- Create and improve products that our merchants and partners increasingly can’t live without
- Identify stakeholder pain points through continuous qualitative and quantitative research
- Develop and validate high impact solutions through lean experimentation
- Define business requirements, product deliverables, and a prioritized roadmap to achieve our strategic goals
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders, engineers, and user experience to build alignment and deliver on plan
- Breakdown business requirements into epics, stories and tasks that engineering can implement
- Continuously assess performance, iterate, and adapt to market and customer trends
- Empower the Forward Financing sales organization with tools and systems to better serve partners and merchants
- Attention to detail: Does not let important details slip through the cracks or derail a project
- Listening Skills: Lets others speak and seeks to understand their viewpoints.
- Communication: Speaks and writes clearly and articulately without being overly verbose or talkative. Maintains this standard in all forms of written communication, including email.
- Strategic Thinking/Visioning: Able to see and communicate the big picture in an inspiring way. Determines opportunities and threats through comprehensive analysis or current and future trends.
- Teamwork: Reaches out to peers and cooperates with supervisors to establish an overall collaborative working relationship.
- Organization & Planning: Plans, organizes, schedules, and budgets in an effective, productive manner. Focuses on key priorities.
- Follow Through on Commitments: Lives up to verbal and written agreements, regardless of personal cost.
- Proactivity: Acts without being told what to do. Brings new ideas to the company.
- Creativity/ Innovation: Generates new and innovative approaches to problems.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 2-4 years of software product management experience
- Proven competency with agile processes, defining stories that are ready-for-engineering
- Experience building web based products (mobile experience a plus)
- Experience managing a product lifecycle from concept to customer
- Experience with web analytics, A/B testing (personalization a plus)
- Familiarity with Salesforce a plus
Forward Financing is a Boston-based financial technology company that provides fast, flexible, and reliable working capital to small and medium-size businesses nationwide. By combining proprietary technology with a team of small business financing experts, Forward Financing delivers same day funding with the speed and simplicity business owners need to succeed and grow. With a simple online application, businesses can trust Forward Financing for approvals within minutes, funding within hours, and personalized support and service when they need it most.
Since 2012, Forward Financing has provided over $400m in funding to more than 10,000 small businesses. Consistently recognized as an industry leader, the company is A+ rated by the Better Business Bureau and receives top ratings across all major customer review platforms. In 2017 and 2018, Forward Financing was named by Inc. Magazine and the Boston Business Journal as one of the fastest growing companies in Massachusetts. Learn more at www.forwardfinancing.com
At Forward Financing, we believe that if our company succeeds, all of our employees succeed too! We offer a competitive compensation package for highly qualified candidates that are extremely motivated, have a positive attitude, and are able to ramp up quickly. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision and commuter benefits along with gym reimbursement, 401K, paid volunteering days and a matching gift program. We work in an open environment with a start-up vibe, conveniently located just steps away from South Station and conveniently located to all major "T" lines. You will have the opportunity to work with people that enjoy a fun, social office culture.