At Forward Financing, our mission is to be the leading provider of financing solutions to under-served small businesses. Over the past three years, we have been recognized as one of the top 10 fastest growing companies in Massachusetts.
As Account Manager, you will be in an inbound role, selling Forward Financing’s value proposition to established partners with the goal of driving funding volume and revenue for our organization. Our channel partners, independent sales organizations and brokers, connect us with the small businesses seeking working capital. This is a transactional role with a short sales cycle, on average 2-3 days, so you get to see quick wins!
You will learn the in’s and out’s of the small business financing sector, and what sets Forward Financing apart: reputation, transparency, speed, and most importantly, our people. Join a team that has consistently achieved their monthly goals and set records, which is evidenced by Forward Financing’s 60% revenue growth over the past year.
In this role you will:
- Proactively manage your portfolio partner relationships daily, with the objective of growing your book and increasing profitable monthly funding volume
- Provide excellent customer service to your partners; taking personal responsibility to resolve issues and build trust
- Visit partners to build relationshipsand educate them on how to sell Forward Financing’s financial product to small business owners; up to 15% travel monthly
- Communicate effectively to your partners the value of working with you and Forward Financing
- Analyze reports to strategize with your partners on how to improve the quality and volume of deal submissions
- Establish and build relationships with high-value partners to organically grow same partner wallet share
- Follow-up on open deals with a sense of urgency and a desire to win profitable deals in a fast-paced, transactional sales environment
- Identify process improvements and efficiencies to improve overall partner experience
- Effectively partner with the underwriting team throughout the deal life cycle to improve conversion rate
- Collaborate across departments and be a team player, thinking about what is best for the company
- Passionate: High energy. “Can-do-attitude”. Enthusiastic. Optimistic, open, and objective toward others
- Coachable: Open to feedback and continual professional improvement. Flexible and adaptable
- High Standards: Quality orientation. Follow through on commitments. A Doer who gets things done
- Efficient: Producing significant output with minimal wasted effort, organized planning and prioritization
- Proactive: Self-starter, continually seeks additional responsibilities. willingness to go the distance to get something done, including working long hours at times if needed
- Collaborative: Strong “people orientation”. Can disagree without being abrasive or intimidating. Team player
- Emotional Intelligence: high degree of self-awareness. Handles interpersonal relationships judiciously and empathetically. Exercises good judgement while under pressure
- Communicator: Speaks and writes clearly and articulately without being overly verbose or talkative and possesses an openness to people and a willingness to hear what others are saying
- Customer Oriented: The job demands a positive and constructive view of working with others. There will be a high percentage of time spent in listening to, understanding and successfully working with a wide range of people from diverse backgrounds to achieve “win-win” outcomes
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in an account management or related role (relationship management, client management, sales)
- Strong customer service skills and ability to successfully manage difficult conversations
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Make-it-happen attitude and strong ability to take responsibility for their successes and failures
- Can succeed individually, but collaborates well within a team environment to achieve goals
- Excited to be a part of and make an impact at a high-growth company
Forward Financing is a Boston-based financial technology company that provides fast, flexible, and reliable working capital to small and medium-size businesses nationwide. By combining proprietary technology with a team of small business financing experts, Forward Financing delivers same day funding with the speed and simplicity business owners need to succeed and grow. With a simple online application, businesses can trust Forward Financing for approvals within minutes, funding within hours, and personalized support and service when they need it most.
Since 2012, Forward Financing has provided over $500m in funding to more than 10,000 small businesses. Consistently recognized as an industry leader, the company is A+ rated by the Better Business Bureau and receives top ratings across all major customer review platforms. In 2017 and 2018, Forward Financing was named by Inc. Magazine and the Boston Business Journal as one of the fastest growing companies in Massachusetts. Learn more at www.forwardfinancing.com
At Forward Financing, we believe that if our company succeeds, all of our employees succeed too. We offer a competitive compensation package for highly qualified candidates that are extremely motivated, have a positive attitude, and are able to ramp up quickly. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision and commuter benefits along with gym reimbursement, 401K, paid volunteering days and a matching gift program. We work in an open environment with a start-up vibe, conveniently located just steps away from South Station. You will have the opportunity to work with people that enjoy a fun, social office culture.CCPA Privacy Notice for California Job Applicants