This is a terrific opportunity for a highly self-motivated individual to join our team. At Forward Financing, our mission is to be the leading provider of financing solutions to under-served small businesses. As the 15th fastest growing company in US & #1 in Massachusetts (Inc 500), we are at the forefront of growth in the FinTech space. We are 100% dedicated to this vertical and to achieving our mission.
As Account Manager you will drive funding volume and revenue for our organization. Your role will be to build and foster partner relationships in the small business financing industry, with the goal of retaining and growing the funding volume of existing business partners.
Forward Financing invests in our employees and their development. Your role in helping our clients find the right financial solution will be critical to driving our mission forward.
In this role you will:
- Proactively converse with our partner base daily, with the objective of increasing profitable funding volume
- Field requests from partners; taking personal responsibility to serve them, resolve issues and grow relationships
- Utilize the knowledge of our deal structure in order to communicate effectively, problem solve with partners and underwriters and set appropriate expectations with our partners.
- Understand and master the sales process and work with partners to improve their performance
- Establish/build relationships with high-value partners through inbound/outbound calls, emails, and marketing
- Visit partners through consistent travel to establish and build relationships
- Manage on-boarding and elevation of strategic partners
- Urgently and aggressively follow-up on open-approvals and strive to “win” profitable deals
- Monitor individual partner performance regularly, and reach out proactively to improve performance
- Collaborate with Team Lead to identify and implement new policies and procedures to improve overall partner experience
- Actively solicit and communicate industry and competitor feedback for evaluation
- Actively manage the daily pipeline of activity, ensuring submissions and deals are efficiently moving through our process
- Responsible for properly closing out deals that are no longer actively flowing through the “Funding Pipeline”
- Collaborate across departments and be a team player, thinking about what is best for the company
- Communication: Speaks and writes clearly and articulately without being overly verbose or talkative. Maintains this standard in all forms of written communication, including email.
- Confidence: The ability to develop and maintain inner strength based on desire to succeed; a person’s belief that he or she possesses the capabilities to succeed.
- Problem-Solver: The ability to identify alternative solutions to a problem and to select the best option; the ability to identify the system component that is causing the error, as well as the options available for resolving it and completing the task.
- Organization & Planning: Plans, organizes, schedules, and budgets in an effective, productive manner. Focuses on key priorities.
- Prioritization: Ability to tackle several projects simultaneously and self-prioritize effectively
- Coachable: Willingness to take constructive feedback and use it as a means to improve personal development
- Self-Motivated: A proactive self-starter who is able to take an idea and turn it into a completed product / a proactive self-starter with strong work ethic and a desire to succeed
- Positive Attitude: Maintaining a positive, open, and objective attitude toward others.
- Customer Oriented: The job demands a positive and constructive view of working with others. There will be a high percentage of time spent in listening to, understanding and successfully working with a wide range of people from diverse backgrounds to achieve “win-win” outcomes.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 2-3 years’ experience in client relationship management or sales
- Proven team player; while demonstrating key characteristics of leadership
- Ability to collaborate with a team and also work independently
Forward Financing is a Boston-based financial technology company that provides fast, flexible, and reliable working capital to small and medium-size businesses nationwide. By combining proprietary technology with a team of small business financing experts, Forward Financing delivers same day funding with the speed and simplicity business owners need to succeed and grow. With a simple online application, businesses can trust Forward Financing for approvals within minutes, funding within hours, and personalized support and service when they need it most.
Since 2012, Forward Financing has provided over $400m in funding to more than 10,000 small businesses. Consistently recognized as an industry leader, the company is A+ rated by the Better Business Bureau and receives top ratings across all major customer review platforms. In 2017 and 2018, Forward Financing was named by Inc. Magazine and the Boston Business Journal as one of the fastest growing companies in Massachusetts. Learn more at www.forwardfinancing.com
At Forward Financing, we believe that if our company succeeds, all of our employees succeed too. We offer a competitive compensation package for highly qualified candidates that are extremely motivated, have a positive attitude, and are able to ramp up quickly. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision and commuter benefits along with gym reimbursement, 401K, paid volunteering days and a matching gift program. We work in an open environment with a start-up vibe, conveniently located just steps away from South Station. You will have the opportunity to work with people that enjoy a fun, social office culture.