This is a terrific opportunity for a highly self-motivated individual to join our team. At Forward Financing, our mission is to be the leading provider of financing solutions to under-served small businesses. As the 15th fastest growing company in US & #1 in Massachusetts (Inc 500), we are at the forefront of growth in the FinTech space. We are 100% dedicated to this vertical and to achieving our mission.
As a Strategy Analyst, you will play an important role in evaluating the Company’s most important initiatives and provide valuable insight and analysis that will be used to assess the strategic direction of Forward Financing. You will report to the Director of Strategy, Finance & Analytics, and collaborate frequently with the Strategy Associate & the rest of the Strategy, Finance & Analytics team.
Forward Financing invests in our employees and their development. Your role in working on all strategic and financial initiatives will be critical to driving our mission forward.
In this role you will:
- Help evaluate the highest-level Company-wide strategic priorities
- Research various strategic initiatives
- Analyze corporate development opportunities, including potential mergers and acquisitions
- Assist with the assessment of various strategic efforts, including potential international and product expansion
- Work closely with various Departments to develop executive reports and assess performance and KPIs
- Support strategic decisions and drive business prioritization via market research and industry & competitive analysis
- Help develop and maintain financial analyses to support findings on various initiatives
- Analytical Horsepower: Solid quantitative and financial analysis skills, comfortable navigating a data-driven business environment to assist in deriving business insights
- Multi-Tasking: Ability to tackle several projects and deadlines simultaneously across various teams
- Quick Study: Ability to quickly learn / absorb new information and concepts
- Communicator: Having the ability to articulate your work product and methodologies with a positive, up-beat attitude; strong writing and verbal communication skills
- A Doer: Willingness to roll up your sleeves, and perform all levels of analysis
- Resourceful: Ability to think creatively to source information and work effectively across different teams to get things done
- Coachability: Willingness to take constructive feedback and use it as a means to improve personal development
- High Energy: Being excited and thriving in a dynamic, fast-paced, and growing organization
- BS/BA in Finance, Business Administration, Accounting or related fields of study
- Minimum of 1 year of related experience, ideally within Accounting, FP&A, Commercial Banking, or Investment Banking
- Will consider strong candidates that are recent graduates of a competitive undergraduate program
- A belief in the core values and mission of Forward Financing
Forward Financing is a Boston-based financial technology company that provides fast, flexible, and reliable working capital to small and medium-size businesses nationwide. By combining proprietary technology with a team of small business financing experts, Forward Financing delivers same day funding with the speed and simplicity business owners need to succeed and grow. With a simple online application, businesses can trust Forward Financing for approvals within minutes, funding within hours, and personalized support and service when they need it most.
Since 2012, Forward Financing has provided over $400m in funding to more than 10,000 small businesses. Consistently recognized as an industry leader, the company is A+ rated by the Better Business Bureau and receives top ratings across all major customer review platforms. In 2017 and 2018, Forward Financing was named by Inc. Magazine and the Boston Business Journal as one of the fastest growing companies in Massachusetts. Learn more at www.forwardfinancing.com
At Forward Financing, we believe that if our company succeeds, all of our employees succeed too. We offer a competitive compensation package for highly qualified candidates that are extremely motivated, have a positive attitude, and are able to ramp up quickly. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision and commuter benefits along with gym reimbursement, 401K, paid volunteering days and a matching gift program. We work in an open environment with a start-up vibe, conveniently located just steps away from South Station. You will have the opportunity to work with people that enjoy a fun, social office culture.