This is a terrific opportunity for a highly self-motivated individual to join one of the fastest growing companies in the US. We are looking for a business minded analyst to join our high-performing Boston based team. The Underwriting Analyst reviews small and medium sized businesses to determine their creditworthiness. The Underwriting Analyst is also responsible for determining the approval amount for working capital financing.
In this role you will:
- Review and analyze hundreds of data points to make smart, risk-adjusted credit decisions
- Learn how our financing options can help the many challenges small businesses face
- Exercise great judgment, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills in order to hit funding targets
- Contribute new ideas to a small but growing team where everyone has a voice
- Face unique challenges every day
- Issue 50 credit decisions per day
- Communicate with sales partners and small business owners
- Review the work of the Processing Department for accuracy and timeliness
- Issue an underwriting decision following review of merchant file
- Complete final signoff of a file and verify all funding documents are satisfactory before funding.
- Work with management to document current procedures and guidelines
- Underwrite renewal deals
- Conduct merchant interviews
- Reviewing both individual and team portfolio performance, adjust underwriting guidelines as necessary
- Work with Product Managers on process improvements and technology requests
- Passionate: High energy. “Can-do-attitude”. Enthusiastic. Optimistic, open, and objective toward others.
- Coachable: Open to feedback and continual professional improvement. Flexible and adaptable.
- High Standards: Quality orientation. Follow through on commitments. A Doer who gets things done.
- Efficient: Producing significant output with minimal wasted effort, organized planning and prioritization.
- Proactive: Self-starter, continually seeks additional responsibilities. willingness to go the distance to get something done, including working long hours at times if needed.
- Collaborative: Strong “people orientation”. Can disagree without being abrasive or intimidating. Team player.
- Emotional Intelligence: high degree of self-awareness. Handles interpersonal relationships judiciously and empathetically. Exercises good judgement while under pressure.
- Communicator: Speaks and writes clearly and articulately without being overly verbose or talkative and possesses an openness to people and a willingness to hear what others are saying.
- Competitiveness: The job exists within a demanding environment where consistently winning is critical. The job demands tenacity, boldness, assertiveness and a “will to win” in dealing with highly competitive situations.
- Analytical Skills: Able to structure and process qualitative or quantitative data and draw insightful conclusions from it. Exhibits a probing mind and achieves penetrating insights.
- Aggressiveness: Moves quickly and takes a forceful stand without being overly abrasive
- Judgement: Strong business acumen and excellent logic and reasoning skills, ability to exercise great judgment while working independently in a fast-paced environment
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in Business/Finance
- Minimum of 3 years of professional experience (financial analyst, pricing, or other analytical role preferred)
Forward Financing is a Boston-based financial technology company that provides fast, flexible, and reliable working capital to small and medium-size businesses nationwide. By combining proprietary technology with a team of small business financing experts, Forward Financing delivers same day funding with the speed and simplicity business owners need to succeed and grow. With a simple online application, businesses can trust Forward Financing for approvals within minutes, funding within hours, and personalized support and service when they need it most.
Since 2012, Forward Financing has provided over $400m in funding to more than 10,000 small businesses. Consistently recognized as an industry leader, the company is A+ rated by the Better Business Bureau and receives top ratings across all major customer review platforms. In 2017 and 2018, Forward Financing was named by Inc. Magazine and the Boston Business Journal as one of the fastest growing companies in Massachusetts. Learn more at www.forwardfinancing.com
At Forward Financing, we believe that if our company succeeds, all of our employees succeed too. We offer a competitive compensation package for highly qualified candidates that are extremely motivated, have a positive attitude, and are able to ramp up quickly. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision and commuter benefits along with gym reimbursement, 401K, paid volunteering days and a matching gift program. We work in an open loft space with a start-up vibe. We are just off the Boston Common and are two blocks from all major "T" lines. You will have the opportunity to work with people that enjoy a fun, social office culture.