This is a terrific opportunity for self-motivated individual to join our team. At Forward Financing, our mission is to be the leading provider of financing solutions to under-served small businesses. As the 15th fastest growing company in the US & #1 in Massachusetts (Inc 500.), we are at the forefront of growth in the FinTech space. We are 100% dedicated to this vertical and to achieving our mission.
This is a terrific opportunity for a highly self-motivated individual to take on a key strategic role in our company. As Director, Portfolio Risk & Analytics, you will report directly to the President of Forward Financing, and collaborate regularly with our Strategy, Operations and Analytics teams. You will play a crucial role in helping to oversee our receivables portfolio, continuously striving to improve risk-adjusted returns.
In this role you will:
- Continuously monitor our receivables portfolio, analyzing across programs, industries and geographies
- Regularly identify areas of portfolio risks and opportunities, and develop insights for continuous improvement
- Identify areas to improve conversion rates and monetize submissions, optimizing risk-adjusted returns
- Track portfolio performance against expectations, offering regular suggestions to improve performance
- Help design and monitor portfolio dashboards, reports and KPIs to measure and improve portfolio profitability
- Develop, test and optimize policies to improve performance, and have accountability for implementation
- Create presentations to share performance insights and updates internally and externally
- Work cross-functionally to use analytics to drive profitable portfolio growth
- Deep-dive into the businesses we fund to understand industry-level cash flow profiles and seasonality
- Regularly review samples of funded accounts to understand portfolio at a granular level
- Work with Strategy and Operations to stress-test portfolio and actively plan for adverse economic scenarios
- Passionate: High energy. “Can-do-attitude”. Enthusiastic. Optimistic, open, and objective toward others.
- Coachable: Open to feedback and continual professional improvement. Flexible and adaptable.
- High Standards: Quality orientation. Follow through on commitments. A Doer who gets things done.
- Efficient: Producing significant output with minimal wasted effort, organized planning and prioritization.
- Proactive: Self-starter, continually seeks additional responsibilities. willingness to go the distance to get something done, including working long hours at times if needed.
- Collaborative: Strong “people orientation”. Can disagree without being abrasive or intimidating. Team player.
- Emotional Intelligence: high degree of self-awareness. Handles interpersonal relationships judiciously and empathetically. Exercises good judgement while under pressure.
- Communicator: Speaks and writes clearly and articulately without being overly verbose or talkative and possesses an openness to people and a willingness to hear what others are saying.
- Work Ethic: Possesses a strong willingness to work hard and sometimes has long hours to get the job done. Has a track record of working hard.
- Attention to detail: Does not let important details slip through the cracks or derail a project.
- Analytical: Able to structure and process qualitative or quantitative data and draw insightful conclusions from it. Exhibits a probing mind and achieves penetrating insights
- 7+ years experience in consumer financing / small commercial financing with demonstrated career progression; OR 4+ years experience in Finance-related field (investment banking, private equity, management consulting)
- Bachelors degree in a quantitative discipline or business
- Masters or MBA preferred
Forward Financing is a Boston-based financial technology company that provides fast, flexible, and reliable working capital to small and medium-size businesses nationwide. By combining proprietary technology with a team of small business financing experts, Forward Financing delivers same day funding with the speed and simplicity business owners need to succeed and grow. With a simple online application, businesses can trust Forward Financing for approvals within minutes, funding within hours, and personalized support and service when they need it most.
Since 2012, Forward Financing has provided over $500m in funding to more than 10,000 small businesses. Consistently recognized as an industry leader, the company is A+ rated by the Better Business Bureau and receives top ratings across all major customer review platforms. In 2017 and 2018, Forward Financing was named by Inc. Magazine and the Boston Business Journal as one of the fastest growing companies in Massachusetts. Learn more at www.forwardfinancing.com
At Forward Financing, we believe that if our company succeeds, all of our employees succeed too. We offer a competitive compensation package for highly qualified candidates that are extremely motivated, have a positive attitude, and are able to ramp up quickly. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision and commuter benefits along with gym reimbursement, 401K, paid volunteering days and a matching gift program. We work in an open environment with a start-up vibe, conveniently located just steps away from South Station. You will have the opportunity to work with people that enjoy a fun, social office culture.