This is a terrific opportunity for a highly motivated and experienced leader to join our team. At Forward Financing, our mission is to be the leading provider of financing solutions to under-served small businesses. As the 15th fastest growing company in US & #1 in Massachusetts (Inc 500), we are at the forefront of growth in the FinTech space. We are 100% dedicated to this vertical and to achieving our mission.
As Head of Data Science & Analytics, you will be responsible for leading a cross-functional team dedicated to leveraging data company-wide to help drive better decisions across our platform. You will report directly to the President and frequently collaborate with multiple different departments/stakeholders.
Your role in leading and growing a team creating production-ready predictive models will be critical in driving our mission forward.
In this role you will:
- Use our robust data set to leverage machine learning to enable better data-driven decisions across our platform
- Lead our Analytics function, transforming data into a consumable format, for the benefit of all stakeholders
- Build out a world-class team in Data Science & Analytics; attracting, mentoring and leading high-performers
- Work cross-functionally with stakeholders to assess business needs and how best to leverage and monetize data
- Collaborate with Product Development to implement solutions into our proprietary technology applications
- Communicate clearly and succinctly with leadership, technology and stakeholders
- Passionate: High energy. Can-do-attitude. Enthusiastic. Optimistic, open, and objective toward others.
- Coachable: Open to feedback and continual professional improvement. Flexible and adaptable.
- High Standards: Quality orientation. Follow through on commitments. A Doer who gets things done.
- Efficient: Producing significant output with minimal wasted effort, organized planning and prioritization.
- Proactive: Self-starter, continually seeks additional responsibilities. willingness to go the distance to get something done, including working long hours at times if needed.
- Collaborative: Strong “people orientation”. Can disagree without being abrasive or intimidating. Team player.
- Emotional Intelligence: high degree of self-awareness. Handles interpersonal relationships judiciously and empathetically. Exercises good judgement while under pressure.
- Communicator: Speaks and writes clearly and articulately without being overly verbose or talkative and possesses an openness to people and a willingness to hear what others are saying.
- Advanced Degree in Statistics, Econometrics, Mathematics, Computer Science or a related technical field
- 8+ years of experience in analyzing data to drive business decisions
- 5+ years experience in building and leading teams within both Data Science and Analytics
- Proficiency in a variety of statistical and data visualization tools
- Proven ability to work with successfully with cross-functional teams and drive quantifiable results
Forward Financing is a Boston-based financial technology company that provides fast, flexible, and reliable working capital to small and medium-size businesses nationwide. By combining proprietary technology with a team of small business financing experts, Forward Financing delivers same day funding with the speed and simplicity business owners need to succeed and grow. With a simple online application, businesses can trust Forward Financing for approvals within minutes, funding within hours, and personalized support and service when they need it most.
Since 2012, Forward Financing has provided over $500m in funding to more than 10,000 small businesses. Consistently recognized as an industry leader, the company is A+ rated by the Better Business Bureau and receives top ratings across all major customer review platforms. In 2017 and 2018, Forward Financing was named by Inc. Magazine and the Boston Business Journal as one of the fastest growing companies in Massachusetts. Learn more at www.forwardfinancing.com
At Forward Financing, we believe that if our company succeeds, all of our employees succeed too. We offer a competitive compensation package for highly qualified candidates that are extremely motivated, have a positive attitude, and are able to ramp up quickly. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision and commuter benefits along with gym reimbursement, 401K, paid volunteering days and a matching gift program. We work in an open environment with a start-up vibe, conveniently located just steps away from South Station. You will have the opportunity to work with people that enjoy a fun, social office culture.