At Forward Financing, our mission is to be the leading provider of financing solutions to under-served small businesses. As the 15th fastest growing company in US & #1 in Massachusetts (Inc 500), we are at the forefront of growth in the FinTech space. We are 100% dedicated to this vertical and to achieving our mission.
This is a terrific opportunity for an ambitious and collaborative product manager to own a significant line of business and join the ground floor as we assemble a world class product organization.
You will be responsible for building a resilient, automated, and flexible engine to support our team of underwriters, processing agents, and payments professionals who are setting the standard in the industry for speed and service.
In this role you will:
- Develop a deep understanding of the current internal lifecycle of a merchant cash advance, our flagship product
- Identify stakeholder pain points through continuous qualitative and quantitative research
- Find opportunities to streamline, automate, simplify and improve our business processes
- Define business requirements, product deliverables, and a prioritized roadmap to achieve our strategic goals
- Identify and evaluate 3rd party technologies and services to accelerate time to value
- Reduce complexity and increase flexibility of business logic to adapt to new requirements
- Simplify the user experience for products and tools used by processors and underwriters
- Manage change across the organization to minimize disruption and quicken adoption
- Breakdown business requirements into epics, stories and tasks that engineering can implement
- Continuously assess performance, iterate, and adapt to market and customer trends
- Attention to detail: Does not let important details slip through the cracks or derail a project
- Listening Skills: Lets others speak and seeks to understand their viewpoints.
- Communication: Speaks and writes clearly and articulately without being overly verbose or talkative. Maintains this standard in all forms of written communication, including email.
- Strategic Thinking/Visioning: Able to see and communicate the big picture in an inspiring way. Determines opportunities and threats through comprehensive analysis or current and future trends.
- Teamwork: Reaches out to peers and cooperates with supervisors to establish an overall collaborative working relationship.
- Organization & Planning: Plans, organizes, schedules, and budgets in an effective, productive manner. Focuses on key priorities.
- Follow Through on Commitments: Lives up to verbal and written agreements, regardless of personal cost.
- Proactivity: Acts without being told what to do. Brings new ideas to the company.
- Creativity/ Innovation: Generates new and innovative approaches to problems.
- Analytical Skills: Able to structure and process qualitative or quantitative data and draw insightful conclusions from it. Exhibits a probing mind and achieves penetrating insights.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 4-6 years of software product management experience
- 3+ years of product management experience
- 2+ years experience with business process automation and improvement initiatives
- Demonstrated experience and expertise using methodologies such as lean management system or six sigma
- Demonstrated experience in leading large, cross functional, complex projects
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of business process design, management and measurement
- Knowledge of business process management & automation technologies a plus
- Proven competency with agile processes, defining stories that are ready-for-engineering
Forward Financing is a Boston-based financial technology company that provides fast, flexible, and reliable working capital to small and medium-size businesses nationwide. By combining proprietary technology with a team of small business financing experts, Forward Financing delivers same day funding with the speed and simplicity business owners need to succeed and grow. With a simple online application, businesses can trust Forward Financing for approvals within minutes, funding within hours, and personalized support and service when they need it most.
Since 2012, Forward Financing has provided over $400m in funding to more than 10,000 small businesses. Consistently recognized as an industry leader, the company is A+ rated by the Better Business Bureau and receives top ratings across all major customer review platforms. In 2017 and 2018, Forward Financing was named by Inc. Magazine and the Boston Business Journal as one of the fastest growing companies in Massachusetts. Learn more at www.forwardfinancing.com
At Forward Financing, we believe that if our company succeeds, all of our employees succeed too! We offer a competitive compensation package for highly qualified candidates that are extremely motivated, have a positive attitude, and are able to ramp up quickly. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision and commuter benefits along with gym reimbursement, 401K, paid volunteering days and a matching gift program. We work in an open environment with a start-up vibe, conveniently located just steps away from South Station and conveniently located to all major "T" lines. You will have the opportunity to work with people that enjoy a fun, social office culture.