This is an opportunity to have a direct and daily impact in an exciting energy technology startup. We are seeking an experienced Data Engineer to lead the development of a data warehouse and ETL (extract-transform-load) pipeline to accelerate the development of our long-duration energy storage system. The ideal candidate will bring expertise in data engineering, including software development, data treatment, and data visualization. The successful candidate for this role will develop and manage our data pipeline to ensure a rapid and reliable flow of data from test stands to development teams, and will coordinate with the development and technical operations teams to define and implement new standardized test procedures.
What You’ll Do
- Develop and maintain custom data analysis tools to automate data acquisition, analysis, visualization, and database archiving.
- Collaborate with the Technical Operations team to develop procedures to receive, prioritize, schedule, and execute on test requests.
- Collaborate with Reactor Development, Advanced Development, and R&D teams to develop standard data workups and reporting templates.
- Provide subject matter expertise in data analysis across multiple cross-functional project teams.
- Aid in the development of digital infrastructure to improve safety, in conjunction with Form Energy’s safety officers, for the test laboratory.
What We’re Looking For
- MS (preferred) in Electrical Engineering, Software Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or any field involving data engineering.
- Deep expertise in scientific data analysis (e.g., Python, MATLAB, Mathematica, C++) is required, including database management.
- Prior experience managing projects with several, interdisciplinary technical stakeholders.
- Experience with laboratory controls software (e.g., LABVIEW) and test stand peripherals (e.g., flow meters, thermocouples, humidity monitors) is a plus.
- Enjoy the fast paced, results driven environment of a startup
- Data-driven decision maker
- Drives projects to completion
- High attention to detail
- Champion for safety
- Excellent organizational, communication, and presentation skills a must!
- Hands-on approach to engineering problem solving
- Flexible working style: Can “wear many hats” and jump quickly between projects
- Able to work well in cross-disciplinary project teams and deliver results
At Form Energy, We are working toward a 100% renewable energy future for everyone in the world. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all our employees and are seeking to build a team that reflects the diversity of the people we hope to serve with our revolutionary products. Form Energy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.