We are looking for a software engineer to manage new features, updates and future versions of our core software package, Formware. Formware is made up of a core computation engine written in Python, a web based user interface using Dash as well as other smaller modules. This role will involve close interaction with the business development, analytics and modeling teams to take new feature requests and prototyped models from concept to implementation in production software. A successful candidate will be experienced with Python, web development basics, basic interactions with databases. An ideal candidate would be a full-stack web developer who is proficient in Python.
What You’ll Do
- Work with the business development, analytics and modeling teams to deploy new prototyped features into Formware’s core feature set.
- Be the primary production software developer of a differentiated and powerful suite of tools for asset optimization, grid planning and project development decision making.
- Develop tools to simulate market features and operation over an array of possible futures scenarios.
- You will be responsible to choose the right tool for the job and build elegant, scalable solutions.
- Guide the future of Formware’s production software development.
- Design, develop and implement automated code testing.
- Maintain a growing database of both public and proprietary data.
- Collaborate with business development team to best understand the analyses which are commonly performed and streamline components of external reports/decks when possible.
- Maintain and improve Formware’s web based user interface.
What We’re Looking For
- BS in Computer Science or a related field.
- 3-5 years experience Python programing minimum.
- Proactive problem solver who takes the initiative to build tools and processes that will help everyone.
- A humble professional who is willing to ask for help when necessary but has the confidence to take on complex tasks.
- Willingness to learn new computational techniques and understand energy market features.
- Proficient in Python, some Matlab experience is a plus.
- Full-stack developer skill-set prefered, but expertise in python is mandatory.
- Enjoy the fast paced, results driven environment of a startup
- Data-driven decision maker
- Drives projects to completion
- High attention to detail
- Excellent organizational, communication, and presentation skills a must!
- Flexible working style: Can “wear many hats” and jump quickly between projects
- Able to work well in cross-disciplinary project teams and deliver results
- Your code not only improves the product, but is easy for other engineers to read and understand
At Form Energy, We are working toward a 100% renewable energy future for everyone in the world. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all our employees and are seeking to build a team that reflects the diversity of the people we hope to serve with our revolutionary products. Form Energy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.