Director, Systems Engineering
This is an opportunity to take on a technical leadership role in the early stages of an exciting energy storage technology startup. We are looking for an experienced engineering leader to drive the development of our integrated systems with a strong early emphasis on system design, prototyping and testing. The successful candidate will bring domain experience and a demonstrated track record of cross-functional technical leadership to drive to significant milestones on aggressive timelines.
What You’ll Do
- Lead the design and configuration of power systems to scale the core electrochemical cell to >1MW product building block scale and control the core electrochemical building blocks for optimal cost/performance. This includes:
- Definition of cost-optimizing architectures to stack cells to modules to fully-scaled, grid-connected, bi-directional power plants.
- Ex-cell current collection & power electronics.
- Cell and system monitoring and controls.
- Lead the design, build, and test cycles of integrated system prototypes.
- Hire, develop, and lead a world-class team of engineers to achieve these outcomes.
What We’re Looking For
- BS or MS in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or related field.
- 10-15 years professional experience in electromechanical product design and development, preferably with a mix of early-stage development and later-stage. production experience. Previous experience in energy storage systems is preferred.
- Deep experience in power systems and controls required.
- Demonstrated track record of leading innovative cross-functional teams to deliver outstanding results on tight timelines and budgets.
- Enjoy the fast paced, results driven environment of a startup
- Excellent organizational, communication, and presentation skills a must!
- Hands-on approach to creative engineering problem solving; willing to “roll up the sleeves” when needed
- Comfortable using cutting-edge modeling tools and approaches to enable rapid design iteration and improvement
- Data-driven decision maker with high attention to detail
- High personal accountability with a team first approach
- Able to work well in cross-disciplinary project teams and deliver results
At Form Energy, We are working toward a 100% renewable energy future for everyone in the world. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all our employees and are seeking to build a team that reflects the diversity of the people we hope to serve with our revolutionary products. Form Energy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.