ForeFlight is looking for an analyst to join our Quality Assurance team. You'll work with product managers, developers, and other QA team members to develop and perform manual and automated tests on new and existing ForeFlight applications and services.
Aviation experience is a requirement for this role. Only pilots will be seriously considered for this position. Technical skills related to software testing are also important as well as knowledge of how companion web and iOS applications generally work together. You should know your way around iOS/macOS hardware and be an analytical thinker.
Professionally, this person is driven to execute, deliver, and complete projects independently, seeking advice and direction from team members when needed, and plowing ahead to completion. This person should be able to highlight examples of their ability to meet the objectives outlined. References will confirm this person’s unique abilities.
This position is based in the Houston, TX office. Benefits include medical insurance, 401(k) with matching, and flight training reimbursement.
- Instrument-rated pilot's license is required
- Experience with gathering, analyzing, and translating broad requirements into testable features with traceability.
- Practical experience with any test case management tool
- Experience developing test scripts for testing web and mobile applications
- System test execution (software verification and validation).
- Testing server API endpoints (REST, Hessian, and SOAP)
- Testing web applications including knowledge and experience related to
- Experience with Map products including MapBox and Google Maps.
- Any automated testing experience with the above
- Experience using any of the following:
- ForeFlight App and/or Web
- QASymphony qTest
- Atlassian products including Confluence, Bitbucket and JIRA
About ForeFlight, LLC
ForeFlight produces the best-selling iPad and iPhone app for pilots flying personal and business aircraft, corporate flight departments, and aircraft operators. Customers include individual pilots worldwide, Fortune 500 corporate flight departments, state and federal agencies, leading operators, and leading aircraft OEMs. We have been in the App Store since Day 1 (7/10/2008) and are consistently ranked in the top 50 grossing iPad apps in the App Store.
We are known for our exceptional software user interface design and responsive, knowledgeable customer support team. ForeFlight Mobile, our flagship application, was named Aviation Consumer's 2011 App of the Year and received Flying Magazine's Editors' Choice Award for 2011, 2012, and 2013. Our app was recently featured in the “Dreams” iPhone commercial
We are a product-focused company where software development and customer service are the top priorities. Our software development team hails from Trinity University, Rice University, Texas A&M, UT Austin, and Clemson. We score 12 out of 12 on the Joel Test
. We love shipping.
If you’ve contributed to any open source projects, make sure to include links to relevant code. If you are a recent graduate, please include a copy of your transcript. In your cover letter, please indicate any aviation experience and list any relocation preferences or constraints.