Do you believe that automated testing is essential for a productive development organization? Are you involved with cutting edge quality techniques and want to take testing to the next level? Do you like building tools to make your life easier? Do you feel comfortable within the world built on Linux, Python and Postgres? If so, we want to talk with you.
At ForAllSecure you will join a talented, ambitious engineering team that is creating truly novel technologies and products that will impact the way people see themselves and the world. We are seeking experienced software engineers to lead our application's software testing efforts and help us scale our software team.
Who we are
We truly and completely believe in the mission to make cybersecurity autonomous. We believe that software eats the world, and is often the root cause for most cyber security issues. We are building products to fix the cycle between problem/fix so that it happens at machine speed, not human speed. To get there, we are engineering technology and products that are super-accurate, performant and scalable.
What you'll do
• You will help us scale our development team by identifying tools to improve our QA and development efforts
• You'll get the opportunity to work with other engineers to develop and execute test plans and support and extend existing validation frameworks
• You will design, research and implement code analysis, complexity analysis and validation tools
• You'll help by reading and understanding application code, and identifying areas of weakness
• Part of your responsibility will be to identify bugs in new and existing code, determine root causes, and suggest possible bug fixes
What you'll bring
• Working knowledge of Python and/or significant exposure to different programming languages and paradigms
• Ability to work with minimal supervision to achieve your goals
• Ability to create test plans, intuitive understanding of where and how software will fail
• Experience with Selenium a plus
• Experience with JMeter, bash and other tools also a plus
• Experience with Jenkins a plus
To address the scale needed by the rapid pace of software growth, companies need security tools that are automated and don’t require lengthy manual analysis to sift out false positives. Our focus at ForAllSecure is to build the next-generation of security products that change how companies develop, test and deploy software.
Our tool Mayhem, a fully autonomous cybersecurity system, was built utilizing over 12 years of research out of Carnegie Mellon and developed by a team of some of the best hackers in the world. In 2016, DARPA hosted the Cyber Grand Challenge, the world’s first all-machine hacking tournament, in which Mayhem competed and took first place against industry and best challengers from academia. Since then, we have been bringing this product to market. The Mayhem solution makes software validation testing radically simpler with a powerful combination of intelligent fuzzing, symbolic execution, and checking of static security indicators.
Currently Mayhem has found vulnerabilities in several open source projects, components in production aircraft, and critical flaws in embedded devices. This is only the beginning as we plan to have Mayhem bring automation, usability and scalability to today’s software security problem.