FON Advisors is looking for a talented, people-oriented individual who is passionate about blending data, marketing, and analytics into actionable insights for our clients. A Data Analyst keeps an open mind when assessing and investigating data, and is able to approach data without preconceptions. To fully communicate a data narrative, the data analyst must fully understand the nuances of a client’s business and the concern they are looking to address. When creating the narrative, they must monitor the impacts of data processing on analytic results and adjust as required, before succinctly communicating the insights they have derived. A successful candidate is someone who is comfortable using data to answer wide-ranging operational questions.
- Use predictive modeling, statistics, trend analysis, and other data analysis techniques to assist with identifying the correct internal and external data to be analyzed and explored
- Assist with building and maintaining datasets for analysis by importing and converting data from various data formats, files systems, and relational databases
- Provide assistance with identifying data quality anomalies, trends, and opportunities for improvement, and develop recommendations for management and business partners
- Collaborate with business partners to ensure data and analytical quality aligns with business needs
General skills include: critical thinking, ability to clearly communicate ideas, attention to detail, adaptability to changing tasks, and a willingness to learn. A data analyst must be able to lead projects, describe data-driven stories, draw out actionable insights, and provide recommendations directly to clients.
Specific skills sets include:
- Creating visualizations in multiple visualization tools, including Tableau
- Building conceptual models to show problem solving methodology
- Building presentations
- Writing reports
- Presenting findings to clients
- Presenting research at conferences
- Active TS/SCI with Full Scope Poly
- Bachelor’s degree and 0-2 years related experience
- Proficient in working with large scale data sets, fluent in scripting and rapid prototyping
- Aptitude for quantitative analysis
- Awareness of data reporting and analysis standards
- Advanced MS Office skills (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
Travel may be required both inside and outside the Washington National Capital Region (NCR).
FON Advisors is proud to serve as a trusted advisor to government agencies, corporations, and investors. We help clients stay at the forefront of innovation so they can achieve their strategic goals. We work with mission driven organizations, helping businesses and government agencies operate and procure more effectively. We have decades of experience creating non-traditional approaches to government procurement that drive sustainable solutions for mission critical requirements. We excel at helping clients clearly articulate their portfolio of innovations to create new markets for their technology, optimizing existing products to broaden current revenue opportunities, and providing timely information to focus strategic capital deployment.
FON Advisors is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We foster a collaborative and inspiring workplace. We pride ourselves on recruiting, hiring, and retaining diverse, passionate, and forward-thinking talent. We are committed to an inclusive environment and are dedicated to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, citizenship, pregnancy, marital status, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by law.