Flytedesk is the full-service ad buying platform that is transforming college media by connecting brands and college students. As the largest media network of college students in the U.S., flytedesk allows advertisers to reach 20 million students at scale across all on-campus media channels including print, digital, social media, radio, outdoor, and more. Using proprietary technology, flytedesk’s self-serve platform automates the college advertising experience by giving media buyers the tools to create, book, manage, and measure national campaigns in just minutes. Flytedesk is a Techstars 2015 company and is based in Boulder, Colorado.
We are looking for a cornerstone member of our Campaign Operations team to be responsible for the execution of national advertising campaigns flowing through the flytedesk platform. This role offers the chance to become an expert project manager who is knowledgeable about media, advertising, sales, and customer success, as well as business models and partnerships. You will:
- Work with Account Managers and Director of Campaign Operations to propose, book, and manage national advertising campaigns
- Work with Director of Campaign Operations to balance client value with campaign margin
- Collaborate with Ad Operation Associates and Interns to manage all approvals, creative downloads, and verifications, solving for at-risk ads during each of these phases
- Finalize and submit invoicing and billing information for each campaign
- Contribute to the building and optimization of processes used within the Campaign Operations team
Qualifications and Experience Required
- Master problem solver with an ability to anticipate and address issues
- You can both create and execute process
- People describe you as organized and methodical
- Excellent customer service and written communication skills
- Dependable, consistent, and reliable team player
- Flexibility: ability to adjust to a fluctuating work cycle depending on the time of year
- Open to feedback, striving for continuous improvement
- Experience with Excel, Powerpoint, and the Google Suite.
Nice to have
- 1-4 years of student media, operations, or customer service experience
- You know how advertising works (and if not, you should be a quick learner)
- Prior startup experience a plus!
- Experience with: Slack, Airtable, Asana, Photoshop, InDesign, and Front
You will report to Kit Summers (Director of Campaign Operations), and work with Piper Jackson-Sevy (VP of Growth), Megan Graft (Director of Supply Operations and Information), Shawn Kaplan (Director of Business Development), and Leen Obeidat (Market Research Analyst).
We started flytedesk because we have a thorough distaste for “how things have always been done”, and believe in the power of student journalism and that young people change the world. The people who are most successful at flytedesk exemplify three core values:
There’s no better feeling than building what others thought impossible. We are a collection of people who are willing to do whatever it takes to make our vision a reality, leaving only happy clients in our wake. This is not a job for people who are not 100% committed. Being on the ground floor and in the trenches of a high-growth startup takes dedication to the cause.
We don’t do things like everyone else. We choose to be remarkable, surprising, and go above and beyond. We take chances and make big bets. We anticipate needs, markets, and better experiences; and then we build them. We don’t take ourselves too seriously and can be considered quirky - but we like our family just the way it is.
There is no time for anything else. We treat each other with candor and kindness. Everyone in the company knows our mission, goals, progress, and challenges at all times. Everyone is accountable and we all like it that way.
The Fine Print
- Salary DOE + potential for stock options
- This is a full-time position
- This position is based out of our Boulder office
- Starting date flexible: between April 2019 – July 2019
- Flytedesk is an At-Will and Equal Opportunity Employer
- Health Insurance and FSA
- LTD and Workers Compensation insurance
- Work Macbook
- Untracked PTO and holiday paid time off
- Annual professional development budget
- Boulder office with rooftop deck, flatiron views, and thai food across the street
- Free RTD EcoPass for Colorado-based employees