Flytedesk is the full-service ad buying platform that is transforming college media by connecting brands and college students via an online media buying platform. As the largest media network of college students in the U.S., Flytedesk allows advertisers to reach 20 million students at scale across all on-campus media channels including print, digital, outdoor, social media, radio and more. Flytedesk’s self-serve platform automates the college advertising experience by giving media buyers the tools to create, book, manage, and measure national campaigns in just minutes. Flytedesk was founded in 2015 and is based in Boulder, Colorado.
Overview & Responsibilities
Flytedesk is looking for a self-motivated and reliable intern with a great attitude to join our Publisher team. The right candidate will be a “jack-of-all-trades” who can jump on a varied set of projects as they come up. Projects will range from logistical (i.e. file organization) to larger sales research requests. The right candidates may also be able to take on tasks in marketing, data collection, design, etc.
You will report to Piper Jackson-Sevy, our VP of Growth, and work with Megan Graft (Director of Publisher Development), Leen Obeidat (Supply Operations Associate), and Kit Summers (People & Operations Manager).
We hire people, not functions. We look for self-starters, who can problem-solve as well as they can execute. We look for grit and kindred-spirits, we’re a family and we work for each other to get where we want to go. We don’t want to hire people who just fit into our culture, we want people who help shape it.
We want you to have a good time as you’re working hard to help build our collective future. That means endless snacks, a coffee shop house account, birthday parties, dogs in the office, and an expectation that we don’t take ourselves too seriously.
Our culture is built on a small, but core group of values. When we meet tension points, it’s easy to reference the following values and see what the right decision is. We make a point to call these out in our job descriptions because we’ve learned that someone whose values and motivations are aligned with Flytedesk’s will most likely be successful at Flytedesk (and vice versa). Please take the time to read and understand our values - they’re the biggest indicator if this is going to be a good match.
- Make it work - our biggest successes have come from doing things that couldn't be done, we are a collection of individuals who are willing to do what it takes
- Lean, rabid, hungry - we get excited at doing a lot with a little and are motivated by this mentality
- Remember why we started - flytedesk was founded on the idea of empowering student journalism, every decision we make is for the benefit of the publishers we work with
- Growth as a goal - we put the team ahead of individual, are constantly asking better of ourselves and one another, and check our egos at the door to move the company forward
- Be all-in - to put it bluntly: this isn’t a job for people who aren’t 100% committed, being on the ground floor and in the trenches of a high-growth startup takes dedication to the cause
Skills & Qualities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Comfortability using Excel to manage and manipulate large sets of data, as well as Microsoft Word and Google Suite
- Attention to detail - the projects you’ll be working on are critical to the supply team’s success, you will be counted on to complete your projects in a timely and accurate manner
- Highly accountable and trustworthy - we’re a small team and each person has to do their part
Nice to have, but not required
- Previous experience using Slack and Trello
The Fine Print
- This is a part-time position (10-20 hours/week)
- This position is based out of our Boulder office
- Starting ASAP
- flytedesk is an At-Will and Equal Opportunity Employer