Flytedesk is the full-service ad buying platform that is transforming college media by connecting brands and college students. As the largest media network of college students in the U.S., flytedesk allows advertisers to reach 20 million students at scale across all on-campus media channels including print, digital, social media, radio, outdoor, and more. Using proprietary technology, flytedesk’s self-serve platform automates the college advertising experience by giving media buyers the tools to create, book, manage, and measure national campaigns in just minutes. Flytedesk is a Techstars 2015 company and is based in Boulder, Colorado.
Overview & Responsibilities
The flytedesk summer internship program puts you in control of a strategic project for 10 weeks. The program will emphasize personal and professional development, with guest speakers, seminars, and opportunities for networking in the Boulder/Denver start up community. It will be demanding and challenging, but we will give you all the tools you need to succeed.
We have positions open for: fellow student media nerds (both editorial and advertising), accounting, marketing, design, and sales.
Each intern will have a direct manager in the department relevant to their project. This person will be available throughout the summer to answer questions and provide professional development opportunities.
We started flytedesk because we have a thorough distaste for “how things have always been done”, and believe in the power of student journalism and that young people change the world. The people who are most successful at flytedesk exemplify three core values:
- Tenacious - there’s no better feeling than building what others thought impossible. We are a collection of people who are willing to do whatever it takes to make our vision a reality, leaving only happy clients in our wake. This is not a job for people who are not 100% committed. Being on the ground floor and in the trenches of a high-growth startup takes dedication to the cause.
- Creative - we don’t do things like everyone else. We choose to be remarkable, surprising, and go above and beyond. We take chances and make big bets. We anticipate needs, markets, and better experiences; and then we build them. We don’t take ourselves too seriously and can be considered quirky - but we like our family just the way it is.
- Honest - there is no time for anything else. We treat each other with candor and kindness. Everyone in the company knows our mission, goals, progress, and challenges at all times. Everyone is accountable and we all like it that way.
Skills & Qualities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Comfort using Excel to manage and manipulate large sets of data, as well as Microsoft Word and Google Suite
- Attention to detail - the projects you’ll be working on are critical to the company's success, you will be counted on to complete your projects in a timely and accurate manner
- Highly accountable and trustworthy - we’re a small team and each person has to do their part
Nice to have, but not required
- Previous experience using Slack, Trello, Airtable, MailChimp, SurveyMonkey, or Google Analytics.
The Fine Print
- This internship is open to rising sophomores, juniors, seniors, and graduate students
- $12/hour for undergraduate interns, $20/hour for graduate interns
- This is a full-time position (40 hours/week) for 10 weeks
- May 29 - August 1,
- This position is based out of our Boulder office
- flytedesk is an At-Will and Equal Opportunity Employer