Flytedesk is the full-service ad buying platform that is transforming college media by connecting brands and college students. As the largest media network of college students in the U.S., flytedesk allows advertisers to reach 20 million students at scale across all on-campus media channels including print, digital, social media, radio, outdoor, and more. Using proprietary technology, flytedesk’s self-serve platform automates the college advertising experience by giving media buyers the tools to create, book, manage, and measure national campaigns in just minutes. Flytedesk is a Techstars 2015 company and is based in Boulder, Colorado.
Overview & Responsibilities
The flytedesk summer internship program puts you in control of a strategic project for 10 weeks. The program will emphasize personal and professional development, with guest speakers, seminars, and opportunities for networking in the Boulder/Denver start up community. It will be demanding and challenging, but we will give you all the tools you need to succeed.
We have positions open for: fellow student media nerds (both editorial and advertising), accounting, marketing, design, and sales.
Each intern will have a direct manager in the department relevant to their project. This person will be available throughout the summer to answer questions and provide professional development opportunities.
We hire people, not functions. We look for self-starters, who can problem-solve as well as they can execute. We look for grit and kindred-spirits, we’re a family and we work for each other to get where we want to go. We don’t want to hire people who just fit into our culture, we want people who help shape it.
We want you to have a good time as you’re working hard to help build our collective future. That means endless snacks, a coffee shop house account, birthday parties, dogs in the office, and an expectation that we don’t take ourselves too seriously.
Our culture is built on a small, but core group of values. When we meet tension points, it’s easy to reference the following values and see what the right decision is. We make a point to call these out in our job descriptions because we’ve learned that someone whose values and motivations are aligned with Flytedesk’s will most likely be successful at Flytedesk (and vice versa). Please take the time to read and understand our values - they’re the biggest indicator if this is going to be a good match.
- Make it work - our biggest successes have come from doing things that couldn't be done, we are a collection of individuals who are willing to do what it takes
- Lean, rabid, hungry - we get excited at doing a lot with a little and are motivated by this mentality
- Remember why we started - flytedesk was founded on the idea of empowering student journalism, every decision we make is for the benefit of the publishers we work with
- Growth as a goal - we put the team ahead of individual, are constantly asking better of ourselves and one another, and check our egos at the door to move the company forward
- Be all-in - to put it bluntly: this isn’t a job for people who aren’t 100% committed, being on the ground floor and in the trenches of a high-growth startup takes dedication to the cause
Skills & Qualities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Comfort using Excel to manage and manipulate large sets of data, as well as Microsoft Word and Google Suite
- Attention to detail - the projects you’ll be working on are critical to the company's success, you will be counted on to complete your projects in a timely and accurate manner
- Highly accountable and trustworthy - we’re a small team and each person has to do their part
Nice to have, but not required
- Previous experience using Slack, Trello, Airtable, MailChimp, SurveyMonkey, or Google Analytics.
The Fine Print
- This internship is open to rising sophomores, juniors, seniors, and graduate students
- $12/hour for undergraduate interns, $20/hour for graduate interns
- This is a full-time position (40 hours/week) for 10 weeks
- May 29 - August 1,
- This position is based out of our Boulder office
- flytedesk is an At-Will and Equal Opportunity Employer