Flytedesk is the full-service ad buying platform that is transforming college media by connecting brands and college students. As the largest media network of college students in the U.S., flytedesk allows advertisers to reach 20 million students at scale across all on-campus media channels including print, digital, social media, radio, outdoor, and more. Using proprietary technology, flytedesk’s self-serve platform automates the college advertising experience by giving media buyers the tools to create, book, manage, and measure national campaigns in just minutes. Flytedesk is a Techstars 2015 company and is based in Boulder, Colorado.
Overview & Responsibilities
The Supply Operations Associate will be responsible for the timely and accurate execution of the national campaigns flowing through the flytedesk platform:
- Be responsible for approving campaigns, following up with publisher confirmations, collecting and tracking verifications, and communicating with the billing department
- Troubleshoot and problem-solve as issues arise, often making quick decisions
- Providing excellent customer service to our 600+ publishers, responding to emails quickly and professionally
- Managing logistics including shipping, package tracking, and communicating with stakeholders and vendors
You will report to Kit Summers (People & Operations Manager), and work with Piper Jackson-Sevy (VP of Growth), Megan Graft (Director of Publisher Development), Shawn Kaplan (Director of Business Development), and Leen Obeidat (Supply Operations Associate).
We hire people, not functions. Startups are hard, and constantly changing, so you need to be able to carve out your own role to thrive at flytedesk. We look for self-starters who can problem-solve as well as they can execute. We look for grit and kindred spirits, we’re a family and we work for each other to get where we want to go. We don’t want to hire people who just fit into our culture, we want people who help shape it.
We’re asking you to spend a large portion of your life with us, so we want you to have a good time as you’re working hard to help build our collective future. That means endless snacks, a coffee shop house account, birthday parties, dogs in the office, and an expectation that we don’t take ourselves too seriously.
Our culture is built on a small, but core, group of values. When we meet tension points, it’s easy to reference the following values to determine our course of action.We make a point to call these out in our job descriptions because we’ve learned that someone whose values and motivations are aligned with flytedesk’s will most likely be successful at flytedesk (and vice versa). Please take the time to read and understand our values - they’re the biggest indicator fo whether this is going to be a good match.
- Remember why we started - flytedesk was founded on the idea of empowering student journalism, every decision we make is for the benefit of the publishers we work with
- Make it work - our biggest successes have come from doing things that couldn't be done, we are a collection of individuals who are willing to do what it takes
- Lean - we get excited at doing a lot with a little and are motivated by this mentality
- Growth as a goal - we put the team ahead of individual, are constantly asking better of ourselves and one another, and check our egos at the door to move the company forward
- Be all-in - to put it bluntly: this isn’t a job for people who aren’t 100% committed, being on the ground floor and in the trenches of a high-growth startup takes dedication to the cause
Skills & Qualities
- Knowledge of and passion for student media
- Excellent customer service and written communication skills
- People describe you as dependable, consistent, reliable
- Flexibility: ability to adjust to a fluctuating work cycle depending on the time of year
- Master problem solver with an ability to anticipate and address issues
- Effective problem-solving skills and attention to detail
- Open to feedback, striving for continuous improvement
- Experience with Excel, Powerpoint, and the Google Suite.
Nice to have, but not required:
- 1-4 years of student media, operations, or customer service experience
- You know how advertising works (and if not, you should be a quick learner)
- Prior startup experience a plus!
- Experience with: Slack, Airtable, Asana, Photoshop, InDesign, and Front
The Fine Print
- Salary DOE
- This is a full-time position
- This position is based out of our Boulder office
- Starting date flexible: between April 2019 – July 2019
- Flytedesk is an At-Will and Equal Opportunity Employer
- Health Insurance and FSA
- LTD and Workers Compensation insurance
- Work Macbook
- Untracked PTO and holiday paid time off
- Annual professional development budget
- Boulder office with rooftop deck, flatiron views, and thai food across the street
- Free RTD EcoPass for Colorado-based employees