Flytedesk is the full-service ad buying platform that is transforming college media by connecting brands and college students. As the largest media network of college students in the U.S., flytedesk allows advertisers to reach 20 million students at scale across all on-campus media channels including print, digital, social media, radio, outdoor, and more. Using proprietary technology, flytedesk’s self-serve platform automates the college advertising experience by giving media buyers the tools to create, book, manage, and measure national campaigns in just minutes. Flytedesk is a Techstars 2015 company and is based in Boulder, Colorado.
Overview & Responsibilities
The Ad Operations Associate will be responsible for the timely and accurate execution of the national campaigns flowing through the flytedesk platform:
- Be responsible for approving campaigns, following up with publisher confirmations, collecting and tracking verifications, and communicating with the billing department
- Troubleshoot and problem-solve as issues arise, often making quick decisions
- Providing excellent customer service to our 600+ publishers, responding to emails quickly and professionally
- Managing logistics including shipping, package tracking, and communicating with stakeholders and vendors
You will report to Kit Summers (People & Operations Manager), and work with Piper Jackson-Sevy (VP of Growth), Megan Graft (Director of Publisher Development), Shawn Kaplan (Director of Business Development), and Leen Obeidat (Supply Operations Associate).
We started flytedesk because we have a thorough distaste for “how things have always been done”, and believe in the power of student journalism and that young people change the world. The people who are most successful at flytedesk exemplify three core values:
- Tenacious - there’s no better feeling than building what others thought impossible. We are a collection of people who are willing to do whatever it takes to make our vision a reality, leaving only happy clients in our wake. This is not a job for people who are not 100% committed. Being on the ground floor and in the trenches of a high-growth startup takes dedication to the cause.
- Creative - we don’t do things like everyone else. We choose to be remarkable, surprising, and go above and beyond. We take chances and make big bets. We anticipate needs, markets, and better experiences; and then we build them. We don’t take ourselves too seriously and can be considered quirky - but we like our family just the way it is.
- Honest - there is no time for anything else. We treat each other with candor and kindness. Everyone in the company knows our mission, goals, progress, and challenges at all times. Everyone is accountable and we all like it that way.
Skills & Qualities
- Knowledge of and passion for student media
- Excellent customer service and written communication skills
- People describe you as dependable, consistent, reliable
- Flexibility: ability to adjust to a fluctuating work cycle depending on the time of year
- Master problem solver with an ability to anticipate and address issues
- Effective problem-solving skills and attention to detail
- Open to feedback, striving for continuous improvement
- Experience with Excel, Powerpoint, and the Google Suite.
Nice to have, but not required:
- 1-4 years of student media, operations, or customer service experience
- You know how advertising works (and if not, you should be a quick learner)
- Prior startup experience a plus!
- Experience with: Slack, Airtable, Asana, Photoshop, InDesign, and Front
The Fine Print
- Salary DOE + potential for stock options
- This is a full-time position
- This position is based out of our Boulder office
- Starting date flexible: between April 2019 – July 2019
- Flytedesk is an At-Will and Equal Opportunity Employer
- Health Insurance and FSA
- LTD and Workers Compensation insurance
- Work Macbook
- Untracked PTO and holiday paid time off
- Annual professional development budget
- Boulder office with rooftop deck, flatiron views, and thai food across the street
- Free RTD EcoPass for Colorado-based employees