Flytedesk is the full-service ad buying platform that is transforming college media by connecting brands and college students. As the largest media network of college students in the U.S., flytedesk allows advertisers to reach 20 million students at scale across all on-campus media channels including print, digital, social media, radio, outdoor, and more. Using proprietary technology, flytedesk’s self-serve platform automates the college advertising experience by giving media buyers the tools to create, book, manage, and measure national campaigns in just minutes. Flytedesk is a Techstars 2015 company and is based in Boulder, Colorado.
Overview & Responsibilities
The Research Intern will be responsible for discovering new information about campus media sales opportunities. Tasks include:
- Fulfilling various research tasks in the service of clean, complete, and accurate sales proposal data
- Scouring the internet, calling & emailing contacts at universities and campus media offices, and systemically collecting information about availability, pricing, reach, specs, & fulfillment information of campus advertising inventory
- Working closely with the Dir. Supply Ops and Information to set up spreadsheet views, project strategies, and timelines
You will report to Megan Graft (Director of Supply Operations and Information). Other project stakeholders may include Steph Craft (Client Delivery Manager), Bryan Merlos (Sales Account Manager), Kit Summers (Director of Campaign Operations), and Piper Jackson-Sevy (VP of Growth).
We started flytedesk because we have a thorough distaste for “how things have always been done”, and believe in the power of student journalism and that young people change the world. The people who are most successful at flytedesk exemplify three core values:
- Tenacious - there’s no better feeling than building what others thought impossible. We are a collection of people who are willing to do whatever it takes to make our vision a reality, leaving only happy clients in our wake. This is not a job for people who are not 100% committed. Being on the ground floor and in the trenches of a high-growth startup takes dedication to the cause.
- Creative - we don’t do things like everyone else. We choose to be remarkable, surprising, and go above and beyond. We take chances and make big bets. We anticipate needs, markets, and better experiences; and then we build them. We don’t take ourselves too seriously and can be considered quirky - but we like our family just the way it is.
- Honest - there is no time for anything else. We treat each other with candor and kindness. Everyone in the company knows our mission, goals, progress, and challenges at all times. Everyone is accountable and we all like it that way.
Skills & Qualities
- Knowledge of and interest in advertising, media, or other related field
- Deep learner with a deadly accurate attention to detail & consideration of edge cases
- Can complete projects quickly & thoroughly
- Comfortable with consistent, repetitive tasks, including data entry and following scripts on a phone
- Ability to manage multiple projects and adapt to new & changing assignments
- Curious, open to feedback, striving for continuous improvement
- Completed at least 2 years of college
- Above average experience with Excel and/or Google Sheets
Nice to have, but not required:
- Experience with GSuite, AirTable, MySQL, Kibana, Slack, Asana, Mechanical Turk, CRM systems, Survey Monkey
- Knowledge of and interest in programming, data science, information systems, or other related field
- Experience working in student media
- Experience working at a startup
The Fine Print
- $12 per hour (undergraduate); $20 per hour (graduate)
- This position is based out of our Boulder office
- Starting asap
- Flytedesk is an At-Will and Equal Opportunity Employer