Flytedesk is a media technology startup in Boulder, CO that helps brands, campaigns, and causes mobilize the college audience. We partner with over 2,000 colleges and universities and provide the technology that powers media and advertising on campus.
Overview & Responsibilities
This is going to be one of the most consequential elections in American history and we’re looking to add additional support and expertise to our political team. We’re excited about the role college voters have the opportunity to play in 2020 and are looking for someone who wants to engage in that important work, in a fast-paced startup environment to help our partners achieve their goals.
We’re looking for someone with literacy in progressive politics to assist in all aspects of client service – media planning, strategy, operations, and reporting. Depending on the person, we may also look for support in crafting sales narratives and decks.
You will work directly with Flytedesk’s CEO, political sales lead, and Chief of Staff. You’ll also interface regularly with flytedesk’s publisher team - as they are in touch on a daily basis with schools and students.
We started flytedesk because we have a thorough distaste for “how things have always been done,” and believe in the power of student journalism and that young people change the world. We also know that the current revenue and advertising model for student journalism is broken and helping fix this is our core mission. The people who are most successful at flytedesk exemplify three core values:
- Tenacious - there’s no better feeling than building what others thought impossible. We are a collection of people who are willing to do whatever it takes to make our vision a reality, leaving only happy clients in our wake. This is not a job for people who are not 100% committed. Being on the ground floor and in the trenches of a high-growth startup takes dedication to the cause.
- Creative - we don’t do things like everyone else. We choose to be remarkable, surprising, and go above and beyond. We take chances and make big bets. We anticipate needs, markets, and better experiences; and then we build them. We don’t take ourselves too seriously and can be considered quirky - but we like our family just the way it is.
- Honest - there is no time for anything else. We treat each other with candor and kindness. Everyone in the company knows our mission, goals, progress, and challenges at all times. Everyone is accountable and we all like it that way.
Skills & Qualities
We’re looking for candidates who fit most or all of the following:
- Excellent attitude and a willingness to tackle any and all tasks (no matter how large or small)
- Capacity to multitask and meet deadlines
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Extreme attention to detail
- Ability to learn quickly and independently, and perform new skills with a high degree of accuracy
- Personal drive for excellence and accountability
- Comfort using Excel to manage and manipulate large sets of data, as well as Microsoft Word and Google Suite
The Fine Print
- This is a full-time, salaried position from August to December, 2020
- Compensation commensurate with experience, including a partial sales bonus structure
- Starting as soon as possible, applications accepted on a rolling basis
- This position can be based in our Boulder office (pending Colorado state decisions about state reopening this fall) or from any remote location in the US.
- There may be some travel associated with this role (pending Covid-19 and other factors)
- flytedesk is an At-Will and Equal Opportunity Employer