Flytedesk is the full-service ad buying platform that is transforming college media by connecting brands and college students. As the largest media network of college students in the U.S., flytedesk allows advertisers to reach 20 million students at scale across all on-campus media channels including print, digital, social media, radio, outdoor, and more. Using proprietary technology, flytedesk’s self-serve platform automates the college advertising experience by giving media buyers the tools to create, book, manage, and measure national campaigns in just minutes. Flytedesk is a Techstars 2015 company and is based in Boulder, Colorado.
Overview & Responsibilities
The Publisher Account Manager will drive company goals and the day-to-day of flytedesk publisher relationships. You will:
- Be responsible for publisher on-boarding and ensure publishers are using the flytedesk platform successfully
- Be the face of flytedesk for ~200 publishers
- Drive publisher outreach initiatives, and lead recruitment efforts
- Become an expert in flytedesk’s products which enable publisher development
- Contribute to other supply initiatives as needed
You will report to Piper Jackson-Sevy (VP of Growth), and work with Megan Graft (Director of Publisher Development), Shawn Kaplan (Director of Business Development), Leen Obeidat (Supply Operations Associate), and Kit Summers (People & Operations Manager).
We started flytedesk because we have a thorough distaste for “how things have always been done”, and believe in the power of student journalism and that young people change the world. The people who are most successful at flytedesk exemplify three core values:
- Tenacious - there’s no better feeling than building what others thought impossible. We are a collection of people who are willing to do whatever it takes to make our vision a reality, leaving only happy clients in our wake. This is not a job for people who are not 100% committed. Being on the ground floor and in the trenches of a high-growth startup takes dedication to the cause.
- Creative - we don’t do things like everyone else. We choose to be remarkable, surprising, and go above and beyond. We take chances and make big bets. We anticipate needs, markets, and better experiences; and then we build them. We don’t take ourselves too seriously and can be considered quirky - but we like our family just the way it is.
- Honest - there is no time for anything else. We treat each other with candor and kindness. Everyone in the company knows our mission, goals, progress, and challenges at all times. Everyone is accountable and we all like it that way.
Skills & Qualities
- 1-4 years of account management, sales, or student media experience.
- Deep knowledge of and passion for student media
- Driven to meet goals and deadlines
- People oriented, with excellent oral and written communication skills
- Master problem solver with an ability to anticipate and address issues
- Effective problem-solving skills and attention to detail - you’ll be running point on all publisher requests and will need to be able to make quick decisions
- Open to feedback, striving for continuous improvement
- Experience with Excel, Powerpoint, and the Google Suite.
Nice to have, but not required:
- You know how advertising works (and if not, you should be a quick learner)
- Prior startup experience a plus!
- Experience with: Slack, Airtable, Asana, Photoshop, InDesign, and Front
The Fine Print
- Salary DOE + equity/bonus/commission
- This is a full-time position
- This position is based out of our Boulder office
- Starting date flexible: between April 2019 – July 2019
- Flytedesk is an At-Will and Equal Opportunity Employer
- Health Insurance & FSA
- Long-term disability insurance
- Work Macbook
- Untracked PTO and holiday paid time off
- Annual professional development budget
- Downtown Boulder office with rooftop deck, flatiron views, and thai food across the street
- RTD EcoPass for Colorado-based employees