Flytedesk is the full-service ad buying platform that is transforming college media by connecting brands and college students. As the largest media network of college students in the U.S., Flytedesk allows advertisers to reach 20 million students at scale across all on-campus media channels including print, digital, social media, radio, outdoor, and more. Using proprietary technology, Flytedesk’s self-serve platform automates the college advertising experience by giving media buyers the tools to create, book, manage, and measure national campaigns in just minutes. Flytedesk is a Techstars 2015 company and is based in Boulder, Colorado.
We’re looking for an experienced, driven, and highly-technical software engineer who wants to build crazy stuff from the ground up.
- You will design, code, test, and debug new and existing scalable features.
- You will become a go-to person for the growing team’s back end needs.
- You will play a key role in greenfield project design, architecture, and development.
- You will collaborate with the front end team to design, build, and refactor APIs according to feature requirements.
- You will recommend new technologies and ideas to improve the performance and efficiency of the existing architecture.
- You will participate in agile planning and code reviews, hitting deadlines according to the predicted schedule.
- DevOps experience (AWS, Jenkins, Kubernetes, GitLab, Docker, Nginx / Apache, etc.)
- MySQL / NoSQL databases
- CI/CD experience
- Linux system administration skills
- Experience with application architecture and systems architecture
- Academic background in Computer Science (BS, MS)
- Prior experience with data structures and modeling
Back end: Laravel, Laravel Nova, Lumen, MySQL, Redis, PHP Unit, Composer, Nginx, Apache
Front end: Vue.js (an SPA w/ Vue Router), Vuex, Jest, GraphQL, Tailwind CSS + PostCSS, ES6 w/ Babel, Webpack
DevOps: Docker (primarily Linux based images), GitHub, Jenkins (integrated w/ GitHub for automated push deployments), AWS (RDS w/ MySQL, Redis Cache Cluster, S3, ELB, Kubernetes on EKS), JIRA (also integrated w/ GitHub)
You will report to Katy McNeill, our VP of Product, and Dan Newman, our Director of Engineering. You’ll work closely with Logan Graba (Software Engineer), and Briley Sandlin (Front End Engineer), as well as with Kenzie Dennis (Product Designer).
We started flytedesk because we have a thorough distaste for “how things have always been done”, and believe in the power of student journalism and that young people change the world. The people who are most successful at flytedesk exemplify three core values:
- Tenacious - there’s no better feeling than building what others thought impossible. We are a collection of people who are willing to do whatever it takes to make our vision a reality, leaving only happy clients in our wake. This is not a job for people who are not 100% committed. Being on the ground floor and in the trenches of a high-growth startup takes dedication to the cause.
- Creative - we don’t do things like everyone else. We choose to be remarkable, surprising, and go above and beyond. We take chances and make big bets. We anticipate needs, markets, and better experiences; and then we build them. We don’t take ourselves too seriously and can be considered quirky - but we like our family just the way it is.
- Honest - there is no time for anything else. We treat each other with candor and kindness. Everyone in the company knows our mission, goals, progress, and challenges at all times. Everyone is accountable and we all like it that way.
The Fine Print
- Salary DOE + stock options
- This is a full-time position
- This position is based out of our Boulder office
- Starting ASAP
- Flytedesk is an At-Will and Equal Opportunity Employer
- Health Insurance
- LTD and Workers Compensation insurance
- Work computer
- Untracked PTO and holiday paid time off
- Annual professional development budget
- Boulder office with rooftop deck, flatiron views, and thai place across the street
- RTD EcoPass for Boulder-based employees