As a Senior Back-End Engineer, you will be collaborating with one of the most exciting teams at Flybits. The Flybits platform is developed on a scalable microservice based architecture, and in conjunction with the engineering and product teams, you will be responsible for end-to-end delivery of product components including development, testing, deployment, and monitoring. You will be a key contributor to design, architecture, and technology related decisions, while also providing guidance and mentorship to more junior members of the team.
- Provide technical leadership in design, architecture and technology decisions, in addition to mentoring, reviewing code, and overseeing the work of more junior engineers
- Work on highly scalable microservices in Go
- Deploy, test, and monitor microservices in a Kubernetes cluster
- Identify performance issues and find solutions to optimize them
- Develop utilities that help with further automating our build, testing, deployment and monitoring process
- 5+ years of experience as a full-time developer in an agile software development setting
- 1+ years of experience as a Senior Engineer, providing technical leadership in design and architecture, in addition to mentoring and overseeing the work of other Engineers
- Experience working with a Microservices architecture (developing, monitoring, debugging)
- Experience with message passing systems such as RabbitMQ
- Experience with Cloud services such as AWS, Google Cloud or Azure
- Knowledgeable in using and developing with Docker containers, including orchestrating them (preferably using K8s)
- Proven track record in developing server applications and RESTful services
- Proven track record of collaborative development with git
- Knowledgeable about both SQL and NoSQL databases such as PostgreSQL and MongoDB
- Bachelor of Science or Engineering in a technical engineering discipline
- Expert knowledge of Go language
- Experience with GitHub
- Experience with gRPC services
- Experience with GraphQL
- Experience with running and monitoring Kubernetes clusters
- Familiarity with Kubernetes ecosystem
- Knowledgeable in using Postgres and MongoDB
- Track record of open source contributions and cloud-native computing foundation projects
Flybits empowers enterprises to connect with their customers more meaningfully through micro-personalized experiences, powered by contextual data. Flybits aggregates disparate sources of relevant public and proprietary data without technical hassle, enabling Fortune 500 organizations to build sophisticated and evolving customer engagement programs with ease. Leveraging unique and patent-protected AI and machine learning capabilities, experiences created through Flybits become increasingly effective in delivering success. From driving product awareness to offering virtual concierge-style services, enterprises across the globe are using Flybits to add significant value to the lives of their customers and preparing themselves for the new data economy.
Flybits is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. Employment, recognition and advancement at Flybits are based solely on individual merit and qualifications directly related to professional competence. We provide equal opportunity regardless of race (though currently we hire only humans), color, gender, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, age, religious affiliation (or lack thereof), sexual preference or orientation (or lack thereof), pregnancy status, medical condition, marital status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We will also make all reasonable accommodations to comply with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and similar Canadian, State, and Provincial disability laws.