The Flybits test automation infrastructure team is seeking an enthusiastic automation architect who is passionate about quality and automation. The architect will be responsible for delivering the complete automation test infrastructure/tools for Flybits automation to use, while adhering to the best automation practices/principles. He/She will coach our quality engineers to be the best in class automation engineers, and will be continuously looking for improvements to ensure high standards for automation.
- Revamp / rewire the existing automation infrastructure to deliver a stable and scalable automation architecture for Flybits API/UI/Mobile needs
- As a subject matter expert, architect and develop automation infrastructure that can span our development delivery models
- Drive towards a high pass-rate of automated tests execution laying out a path of reliability and consistency in results
- Be research savvy and be a subject matter expert of current industry-wide quality & test processes, tools and technologies.
- Perform assessments (POCs), develop solutions and proposals to lead the automation development strategy and implementation into new technologies that would help maximize quality in the Flybits platform
- Act as a trusted advisor to management, perform assessments, develop solutions and drive forward innovation to lead the automation infrastructure strategy making sure that the automation’s goals are met
- Support QA automation staff through training, mentoring and problem solving
- Work with cross-functional teams (Dev Leads, Developers, QA, Devops) in test automation activities across the organization.
- Streamline automation suites both front-end and back-end, in a continuous integration pipeline.
- Communicate, coordinate and align automation strategy with the engineering team members, make recommendations to improve reliability, performance, best practices and processes
- 10+ years’ experience in software testing or related field.
- 5+ years’ experience architecting test automation frameworks.
- A passion for quality and automation.
- Creativity and a willingness to explore new technologies.
- Tenacity and technical brilliance to provide highly-credible leadership to automation teams.
- Ability to make the important trade-offs between perfection and complexity
- Proven track record of successfully implementing and deploying automation frameworks across UI, API and mobile platforms.
- Demonstrated expertise in designing, implementing and documenting software test automation frameworks over various platforms,Server, Web and native Mobile
- Experience in test frameworks and tools like Appium, JMeter, Selenium, Cucumber
- Strong knowledge and experience with technologies including Docker, Go, Kubernetes
- Experience interacting with continuous integration tools like Jenkins
- Problem Solving, process improvement and coaching
- Strong written and verbal English skills to support complex analysis
- Strong knowledge with code coverage tools and metrics.
Nice to Have
- Familiarity with JIRA, GIT, SQL and databases
- Familiarity with Linux
- Experience with XCTest, Xcode, and Android Studio
Flybits empowers enterprises to connect with their customers more meaningfully through micro-personalized experiences, powered by contextual data. Flybits aggregates disparate sources of relevant public and proprietary data without technical hassle, enabling Fortune 500 organizations to build sophisticated and evolving customer engagement programs with ease. Leveraging unique and patent-protected AI and machine learning capabilities, experiences created through Flybits become increasingly effective in delivering success. From driving product awareness to offering virtual concierge-style services, enterprises across the globe are using Flybits to add significant value to the lives of their customers and preparing themselves for the new data economy.
Flybits is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. Employment, recognition and advancement at Flybits are based solely on individual merit and qualifications directly related to professional competence. We provide equal opportunity regardless of race (though currently we hire only humans), color, gender, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, age, religious affiliation (or lack thereof), sexual preference or orientation (or lack thereof), pregnancy status, medical condition, marital status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We will also make all reasonable accommodations to comply with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and similar Canadian, State, and Provincial disability laws.