As a DevOps engineer, you will play an important role in the cloud strategy of Flybits. The Flybits platform is developed on a scalable microservice based architecture, and our infrastructure/DevOps team works very closely with the rest of our engineering team to ensure the end to end state, security and health of the Flybits production infrastructure. DevOps team works based on Infrastructure As Code, DRY and TDD concepts and also develops homemade, innovative solutions to automate procedures and achieve robust immutable infrastructure
• Automating procedures and operations to build, deploy and troubleshoot infrastructure
• Proactive monitoring and automating anomaly detection
• Developing innovative tools to constantly and proactively maintain secure, cost-efficient and high performance systems
• Documenting procedures and systems
• Implementing and developing test cases to verify infrastructure code changes• Participating in on-call routines for incident response
• Improving security as an ongoing responsibility
• 2 years of Experience with public cloud providers; in specific AWS or Azure• Familiarity with a scripting language such as Python, Ruby or Go
• Experience with Linux systems
• Familiarity with cloud native services and applications
• Knowledge of different types of transactional and NoSQL databases
• Knowledge of Infrastructure as Code and provisioning tools such as CloudFormation and Terraform
• Familiarity with container technologies and container orchestration systems such as Kubernetes
• Knowledge of high availability and disaster recovery
• Demonstrated ability to self-direct, prioritize competing tasks and foresee upcoming needs
• Knowledge of Continuous integration (CI) and delivery (CD) systems
• Bachelor of Science or Engineering in a technical engineering discipline
• Certificates in AWS or Azure
• Knowledge of security and compliance standards
• Participation in open source repositories
Flybits empowers enterprises to connect with their customers more meaningfully through micro-personalized experiences, powered by contextual data. Flybits aggregates disparate sources of relevant public and proprietary data without technical hassle, enabling Fortune 500 organizations to build sophisticated and evolving customer engagement programs with ease. Leveraging unique and patent-protected AI and machine learning capabilities, experiences created through Flybits become increasingly effective in delivering success. From driving product awareness to offering virtual concierge-style services, enterprises across the globe are using Flybits to add significant value to the lives of their customers and preparing themselves for the new data economy.
Flybits is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. Employment, recognition and advancement at Flybits are based solely on individual merit and qualifications directly related to professional competence. We provide equal opportunity regardless of race (though currently we hire only humans), color, gender, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, age, religious affiliation (or lack thereof), sexual preference or orientation (or lack thereof), pregnancy status, medical condition, marital status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We will also make all reasonable accommodations to comply with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and similar Canadian, State, and Provincial disability laws.