We are seeking an experienced Performance Engineer with a passion to make cloud applications fast and efficient. You will work with developers to test and optimize Flybits software pre-production, and also monitor and troubleshoot performance issues in production. This is a technical, hands-on role for someone who is adept at gathering and analyzing performance data and finding the root cause of performance bottlenecks. This is a unique opportunity to help shape the performance testing team and its practices at Flybits.
- Collaborate with members of the Engineering team to solve performance problems
- Profile GO applications running in Docker containers on Kubernetes
- Monitor production performance and investigate issues
- Develop tools to automate performance monitoring
- Test and profile new features pre-production to make sure they will scale and perform
- Experience with one or more languages such as Go, Java, C/C++, and scripting tools such as Python and Shell scripting
- Extensive hands-on experience with performance engineering, including the use of JMeter, LoadRunner or similar tools, as well as profiling tools
- Performance testing cloud-based, multi-tenant applications
- Experience working on teams using agile development techniques
- Willingness to roll up your sleeves and work hard (and have fun) in a fast-moving startup environment
- Strong communication skills
- BS in engineering/science or equivalent
Nice to Have
- Proficiency with Go, Kubernetes, Docker
- Experience with monitoring systems and tools such as Kibana, Prometheus (metrics), and OpenTracing
- Debugging distributed applications
- Proficiency with GitHub
Flybits empowers enterprises to connect with their customers more meaningfully through micro-personalized experiences, powered by contextual data. Flybits aggregates disparate sources of relevant public and proprietary data without technical hassle, enabling Fortune 500 organizations to build sophisticated and evolving customer engagement programs with ease. Leveraging unique and patent-protected AI and machine learning capabilities, experiences created through Flybits become increasingly effective in delivering success. From driving product awareness to offering virtual concierge-style services, enterprises across the globe are using Flybits to add significant value to the lives of their customers and preparing themselves for the new data economy.
Flybits is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. Employment, recognition and advancement at Flybits are based solely on individual merit and qualifications directly related to professional competence. We provide equal opportunity regardless of race (though currently we hire only humans), color, gender, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, age, religious affiliation (or lack thereof), sexual preference or orientation (or lack thereof), pregnancy status, medical condition, marital status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We will also make all reasonable accommodations to comply with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and similar Canadian, State, and Provincial disability laws.